Overlapping channels!

meaman

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
San Jose, CA
Hello,

I have a problem with two HD channels overlapping (TSN-280 and GOLF-266). See attached View attachment Overlapping Channels.mp4 showing the issue.
This does not happen on standard definition, just HD and only between these two channels. I'm in the San Francisco bay area and this has only started happening in the last 3 months (I've had the system for over 5 years).

Can anyone tell me if this is a hardware problem (LBNF, HDPVR 530 receiver, other), a dish alignment problem, or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Marc.

Kewl video.

My bet would be the LNB has deteriorated over time causing some kind of switching/frequency drift.

According to the Shaw Broadcast spreadsheet data those two channels just happen to use the same L-band, modulation, symbol rate and transponder, TSN on F2, Golf on F1R.

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if I can buy a new LNB that will work with Shaw in the Bay Area? Here is a photo of it:
CAM00064.jpg
FYI, I have an older 26"x36" parabolic dish.
Thanks again,
Marc

From the labelling on top of the LNB in your photo it says you have the 75e dish, which agrees with your dish dimensions.

The part number on the label of the LNB will likely say STAR75-ASC-001. That LNB and dish size is becoming harder to find used with the recent addition of the G1 satellite, but they are out there. You need a Quad LNB for a 75e dish - a Quad for a 60e will not work correctly, and an xKu LNB opens up another can of worms.

My first thought for tracking one down would be to keep your eye on ebay and search the site here for brokers and installers in the area.

Meaman: Another option would be to contact KU sat in Montreal and/or Mike Kohl at Global Communication in Wisconsin.

Update: Looks like the problem is a bad/deteriorated port on the LNB. I had a free output port on the LNB and switched one of the coax cables to it and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks again Frenchophile, Jables, and tageekyyc for providing input/clues that helped me solve this annoying problem!
Marc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts