Pac-12 Network

I just read an article that makes it sound as though DISH has some kind of "exclusive" deal for satellite providers. It says the network will be available for those with AT 120+ that are in a PAC-12 state, part of the $9 Multi Sport package for everyone else and as an a la carte option when / if they ever carry the other six regional networks which, according to the article, is in the works. I'm assuming they will use alternate channels to carry multiple games right now. I'd love an HD feed but am anxious to see the Oklahoma State - Arizona game. :)

Hopper users: It took me awhile to figure this out: The alternate Pac-12 games, listed as being on channels 445 and 446, are actually stacked in the collapsible Sports Channels, channels 412-01 to 412-38.

Eastern WA @ Washington State: Channel 412-34
Sac St @ Colorado: Channel 412-33
Duke @ Stanford: Channel 412-33

Last edited:
I'm glad we're getting to see today's games. It seems it's going to take a bit to get all the kinks worked out. PAC12 website still says DISH is not a provider in the channel finder. Because of this, we can't sign into the website to watch the streams.

Maybe it's the "trial period"?

Other than that, I wrote to DISH again last night. My message to them apparently was received just before the agreement was announced. Here's the text of the email I received several hours later (not sure if everyone got this):

Dear Valued DISH Customer,
DISH is pleased to announce we have entered a multi-year agreement to carry Pac-12 Network on the DISH lineup.
We know you value your Pac-12 games, and we’re happy you can enjoy these games on channel 413!
Pac-12 Network is available on Channel 413 in America’s Top 120+ packages and above, where regionally available, and in the Multi-Sport Pack nationally.
All customers can enjoy Pac-12 Network for a limited time in Free Preview. Just tune to channel 413 and enjoy!
This makes DISH the only satellite provider to carry the sports programming. Currently our competitors DIRECTV, FiOS and U-Verse have decided not to carry the programming. Thank you for your patience as we worked to reach an agreement.
Sincerely,
DISH

tobsandmags said:
Not sure what the plan for the regionals is. This is from the Pac12 site:

"Customers who get Pac-12 Networks on DISH will receive the national network. The regional networks will not be available on television, but DISH and Pac-12 Networks are working to make them available online via Pac-12 Now."

However, this is from the announcement:

"The games available to DISH subscribers today include:

• Sacramento State at Colorado, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 445
• Eastern Washington at Washington State, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 446
• Southern Utah at California, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Fresno State at No. 4 Oregon, 3:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• No. 18 Oklahoma State at Arizona, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Duke at No. 25 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 445"

It looks like they are going to use overflow to show all the games.

Thanks for this info! I'll mostly watch the Cal game during that time frame but I'm anxious to see what Colorado has! :)

yaz96 said:
Hopefully more than what they've had the past 10 years....

LOL. It'd be nice. I'm just a college football fan in general so try to keep up with all the teams in the SEC, Pac-12 and Big Ten. Have to admit I was disappointed with the Utah loss last night.

I'm seeing the Cal game on 431, 445 & 446. Hoping to see WSU on 446 like the guide says. Any ideas?

Dish_Answers twitter feed has said multiple times this morning that HD will is "coming soon" but SD feeds could only go live today due to the quick turnaround after the agreement.

hardhead said:
Dish_Answers twitter feed has said multiple times this morning that HD will is "coming soon" but SD feeds could only go live today due to the quick turnaround after the agreement.

If true, it probably because dish has to move stuff around to make room for the HD. Kind of sucks as this is really the only week I will be watching it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well, that's an interesting shade of aqua on 446 now. Looks like the issue is about to be solved.

EWU and "Moo U" to come.

From the PAC 12 site:

[h=6]DISH Network is airing our programming in standard definition this weekend to ensure that they’d be able to air today’s games, but they’re working quickly to deliver our coverage in HD - possibly as soon as next week. We’ll bring you the details as they come.[/h]

If true, it probably because dish has to move stuff around to make room for the HD. Kind of sucks as this is really the only week I will be watching it

Its free preview for those with 120 package and above but after this weekend I think you have to be in Multi Sports Package but they did a Multi-Year agreement from what I read in the email I got..

Poke said:
Its free preview for those with 120 package and above but after this weekend I think you have to be in Multi Sports Package but they did a Multi-Year agreement from what I read in the email I got..

Yeah I know that. I was referring to rumors it would be in HD later. Other than tonight's game in blurrivision I have no need for the PAC 12 nets. I'll just be content to watch it tonight then go back to ignoring it. :)