Pac-12 Network

In todays Uplink, Pac 12 national in HD and what appears to be 4 Alt channels in HD as well. Not available yet, but look for them by this weekend....

I see that the HDfeed is on, but it's not showing any content. Do we know if the national feed will be full time HD?

I hope they turn it on in HD full time, but I am not going to hold my breath unless it is moved off of transponder 26. I just looked at "The List" and when you sort by transponders on 129, all the channels on that transponder are game time only HD. Whereas the Big 10 is on another transponder with Epix, NBA TV, and PPV movies.

It's weird that they have the HD channel populated with guide info but when you select it it looks like a part time RSN. The RSNs don't have guide info unless there is something on in HD. I hope they make it full time like BTN soon because many people will watch it for replays, classic games, and studio shows.

I think that since Pac-12 is a "national" network, it would be misleading to claim that Dish offers Pac-12 in HD, if the only content in HD are the live football games and maybe select live basketball games. That's how they treat RSNs, as stated above. But what if you want Pac-12 because you're a big water polo fan and are stoked because Dish offers Pac-12 in HD so you can see a lot of the best water polo school match ups in high def? You'd get screwed into ordering Dish for something they claim to offer, but really don't.

My point, to put it more succinctly, is that if they treat the HD like they do the part-time HD RSNs, then they should not advertise that they offer the Pac-12 Network in HD unless they include an asterisk that specifies that less than 1% of the total content is actually presented in HD. Am I off base here? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have the network and the football games in HD. But I think it should be on the same terms as other national HD channels like BTN.

You are off base with the HD estimate, as the main full-time channel is all HD. So the estimate would be more like 20%. :)

dare2be said:
You are off base with the HD estimate, as the main full-time channel is all HD. So the estimate would be more like 20%. :)

That's what the guide says but if you actually turn the HD channel on it says check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD. It's just like the RSNs except the guide makes it look like it's full time.

That's what the guide says but if you actually turn the HD channel on it says check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD. It's just like the RSNs except the guide makes it look like it's full time.

I'm hoping that the good people as DISH are still figuring this out. The program information leads me to believe that there is supposed to be HD available. No information would be like the RSNs. Lets just hope since this is only a few hours old that they're still working on it. I'd love to watch these "Football in 60" at full resolution.

I just received the official e-mail from Dish advertising that they have the Pac-12 Networks (note the plural). But too few details to do me any good. They said nothing about people living in Pac-12 states (like me) getting it at no additional cost if they have some minimum package (such as Top 200?). They only say you can get it if you buy the Sports Pak for $9/mo. There was no information about any channels other than the national feed. No statement saying if it is in HD and for what fraction of the time. No statement about any possible extension of last week's free preview. So I will wait until tomorrow to see what develops. I do not want to miss the two games Saturday that are on the national feed.
<<edit>>
On more careful examination, I see that it is included for anyone with Top 120 or better. But still no discussion of the regional networks or amount of HD coverage.

Last edited: