Pansat 1000HD 8PSK and 9200HD 8PSK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
I have been looking at the Pansat 1000 and 9200 HD both with the 8PSK Pansat bord which one shoud i buy and i have heard that the 1000 has been out for like 5 to 6 years. Any thoughts.

I dont know why you would need 8psk mod, there is nothing that you can legally use it for, and even the illegal use that it once was designed for is no more. I would go with an AZBox Ultra and update it to the latest firmware.

uh Bob. Pansat's 8PSK board is what gets the DVB-S2 stuff out there like PBS(Montana, Oklahoma, Louisiana), RTV on 87W C-Band, NBC on 105W C-Band etc. You're thinking of the old "other" board

Without it the Pansat is just a HD receiver that gets 4:2:0 DVB

also the T-1000 came out this summer if I recall

I have both and the 1000HD is better for what I use it for (family frendly receiver), it has a better ATSC/OTA receiver and doesn't lock up as frequently as the 9200. The 1000hd is hard to come by used so you will pay a lot more for that than a fairly common used 9200.

Both need the add on DVB-S2 module for S2 reception, I have a plus module in the 9200 and a premium module in the 1000HD. I haven't seen much difference reception wise but the premium module is the only one that will fit in the 1000HD.

If you are using the receiver for strictly satellite (no OTA) they both seem to receive and scan about the same. There may be better options than either pansat model for strictly sat reception.

so on the 1000 if you dont get the S2 board what do you get?
Just 4:2:0 SD & HD along with OTA?

reason I ask is reading the specs it sounds like you need the S2 board to get any satellite programming...otherwise its just a OTA/QAM tuner

so on the 1000 if you dont get the S2 board what do you get?
Just 4:2:0 SD & HD along with OTA?

reason I ask is reading the specs it sounds like you need the S2 board to get any satellite programming...otherwise its just a OTA/QAM tuner

Yep just OTA and Cable (qam)

so the S2 board gives you the satellite then? Seems odd there is no sat option in there to begin with

pretty expensive OTA tuner if you ask me

I will agree well with Iceberg because that seems steep on the 1000HD and i have been leaning more to the 9200HD. I Heard when it first came out from Pansat that it was strictly a OTA Tuner and i also felt that it was steep.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts