Pansat 2700A Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I have this Pansat 2700A receiver I use on AMC4. It is showing me signal strength of 99% on all TP and no quality. The other Pansat 2700A in the living room is OK. I did a Receiver to Receiver update so both have the same info.

If I use the Receiver in the Living room it works. The other receiver will come on (show picture) after a long time but with lower signal quality. I am wondering what could be the problem. Both receivers uses the latest bin from Pansat (121). What could be the problem.

I've had that issue happen before. Swap lines out at the LNB (I assume its a dual LNB) and see if that works.

Sometimes you need to power off both recievers with switch on back, unplug coax at LNB and then hook everything back up.

There is nothing wrong with the cable or LNBF. If I plug up the other Pnasat 2700A receiver it work fine, no problem whatsoever. If I plug up the other Pansat 2700A receiver it give me signal at 99% which is not normal since the signal is around 86% and quality up tp 90%.

This receiver stays at 99% and would not move with no quality. Both receivers has the same settings (identical). I assume it is an internal problem rather than external.

I did that to and nothing happen. It will take long to get the signal quality and when it do, the quality keep dropping like a yoyo and it doesn't get all the working transponders. I can see 3ABN and the Hope Channels not the others. Just do not know what else to try.

Have you tried swapping the receivers (connect the bad one where the good one is and vice-versa)?

Also, are you using a dual output LNBF or slaving one unit from the other?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts