Pansat 2700A Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
My original Pansat 2700A does not display any information on the TV. It comes on (boot) normally and the channel number is displayed on the Receiver and if I use the remote to change the channel it will change on the receiver but nothing on the TV. The TV is OK I use another True FTA receiver (Manhattan Skyline 100) and it work fine. What can I do? What do you think is the problem?

Did you try both the video, and RF outputs? Sometimes if the RF (ch 3-4)modulator takes a dump, the A/V outputs will still be working.

Did you try both the video, and RF outputs? Sometimes if the RF (ch 3-4)modulator takes a dump, the A/V outputs will still be working.

Did try both and nothing. I use the A/V output and use the same cable on my older manhattan and it works. I am looking at it right now on AMC4 (3ABN) but nothing at all from the Pansat 2700A from the RF or A/V. I find it strange. I reload the 124 bin and it load OK. It just that it would not display anything on the TV.

Nobody have a solution? I need help Please.... Any idea what is the problem?

dude you posted the original post and got an answer. Then an hour later you got mad because nobody had a solution???

seems odd that BOTH the RF & AV went out at the same time.
Do you get audio?
Did you check to make sure the connections were tight?

yes, yes, yes. I use the same A/V cable on the old Manhattan Skyline 1000 and it work. My problem is that the remote for the manhattan no longer works. I am not getting any audio or video from the Pansat 2700A using the same A/V cable but the receiver comes on and that's it. Nothing from the RF port neither.

nothing works. just cant understand. I can see the channel changing on the receiver but no vidio on the TV and audio either.

Sounds like the motherboard has problems. I suggest contacting Panarex to get it fixed.

PANAREX

What is Bin 124? if that is pirate software there's your problem, the pirates toasted your receiver. Panarex will be able to repair it back to legal status and it's intended use.

Sounds like the motherboard has problems. I suggest contacting Panarex to get it fixed.

PANAREX

What is Bin 124? if that is pirate software there's your problem, the pirates toasted your receiver. Panarex will be able to repair it back to legal status and it's intended use.

the 124 bin is the latest for original pansat 2700a receivers from Pansat upgrade to B-75 not pirate

the 124 bin is the latest for original pansat 2700a receivers from Pansat upgrade to B-75 not pirate

Okay I wasn't sure I know some pirate software will cause your problems. It sounds like something went wrong on the motherboard that feeds the audio video output. There's not much you can do since the motherboard is mostly smd. Pansat will probably swap the MB out for there fixed repair cost. I wish I could be more help.

Edit
Just a thought, I run boot 6.2 and API version 1.16n maybe if you tried loading that it may fix it if it's a software bug.

Last edited:
Okay I wasn't sure I know some pirate software will cause your problems. It sounds like something went wrong on the motherboard that feeds the audio video output. There's not much you can do since the motherboard is mostly smd. Pansat will probably swap the MB out for there fixed repair cost. I wish I could be more help.

Edit
Just a thought, I run boot 6.2 and API version 1.16n maybe if you tried loading that it may fix it if it's a software bug.

where can I get the 6.2 boot file? I found the 1.16 app file

where can I get the 6.2 boot file? I found the 1.16 app file

Try e-mailing tech support at Pansat and see if they can send it to you. I thought I had a copy and did at one time but since I rebuilt my pc I must have lost it.

Might be a faulty AC supply. Many problems similar to this from the factory that manfactured this component. Usually find this caused by a failure with capacitors near the regulator.

Might be a faulty AC supply. Many problems similar to this from the factory that manfactured this component. Usually find this caused by a failure with capacitors near the regulator.

Brian,

Didn't quite a few Pansat's and Fortec Star STB's have the same issue with under rated electrolytic caps?

High failure rate ..... for sure!

Back in the day, the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra came from the same factory as the Pansat models. The SMPS AC supply came from the same manufacturer (interchangeable in several models).

Brian,

Didn't quite a few Pansat's and Fortec Star STB's have the same issue with under rated electrolytic caps?

I may have to replace the +12V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7812 on the powerboard base on the research I did. I had this Pansat 2700A a good time now and it served me well.

I may have to replace the +12V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7812 on the powerboard base on the research I did. I had this Pansat 2700A a good time now and it served me well.

Check the output lead of the 7812 it should be right around 12 volts. There may be an electrolytic cap dragging down the voltage though so the reg may be okay. If your going the route to swap the 7812, replace all the lytics associated on the input and output stage of the regulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)