Pansat 3500SD DiSEqC 1.2 positioning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
The manual says satellites 1 - 26 are predefined, but I can't find a list as to what these assignments are. My problem is I use the same positioner for multiple receivers. I arbitrarily assigned satellite position numbers starting with (1) at my West most satellite. It would appear that, if i want to use DiSEqC positioning with the 3500, I must change my assignments to 27 and above. If I do this, I'll have to reassign my other receivers to match. My positioner supports USALS, but my dish has two LNB's (1 LP, 1 CP) which are one degree apart. USALS works for the LP LNB, but not for the CP. My other receivers have the ability to offset the USALS value by 'x' counts, but I didn't see that ability in the 3500. Suggestions?

If you are never going to use it for USALS, you can use Channel Master the channel list editing program to assign the first 26 numbers where you want them, but it would require a factory reset to get them back.

My positioner supports USALS, but my dish has two LNB's (1 LP, 1 CP) which are one degree apart. USALS works for the LP LNB, but not for the CP. My other receivers have the ability to offset the USALS value by 'x' counts, but I didn't see that ability in the 3500. Suggestions?
I see I made an error. Easy enough to add one degee to the satellite location to get the CP LNB pointing correctly.

Still having a lot of trouble getting reproducible results. I am using Stab positioner which has a lot of slop in it. I'll have to dig out the manual to see if it has an ant-backlash adjustment. As it is now, I get different readings depending on which direction I move to arrive at the target satellite.

If you are never going to use it for USALS, you can use Channel Master the channel list editing program to assign the first 26 numbers where you want them, but it would require a factory reset to get them back.
Where can I get 'Channel Master'?

don't write off USALS

My positioner supports USALS, but my dish has two LNB's (1 LP, 1 CP) which are one degree apart.
USALS works for the LP LNB, but not for the CP. ...Suggestions?
Most guys are happy with 4° spacing, and would kill for 2°.
How did you achieve 1° ?

Being on-target with the linear LNB and off-target by 1° for circular should still work, I think.

The QPH-031 LNB should not show a spacing between circular and linear.
I don't have one to test yet, but I've never heard it reported.
What are you using?

The QPH031 is usually bang on. I know when I had one G11 and Nimiq1 required no movement of the dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coolsat 4000pro

Miracle TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)