Paramount+ to Raise Subscription Prices

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Paramount Global will raise the monthly subscription price for its rebranded streaming service Paramount+ with Showtime in the third quarter of 2023

The cost of the advertising-free premium streaming plan will rise from $9.99 per month for Paramount+ to $11.99 for Paramount+ with Showtime, while the essential plan with advertising will see a price hike from $4.99 a month to $5.99.

These price changes will apply to new and existing customers upon launch of the integrated Paramount and Showtime offering.

I had it until recently and there were some good things on it. The one reason I liked it was due to a "glitch" in the system I was able to get WCCO Minneapolis as my "local" (when I put in my zip it gave me both WCCO and my true local KEYC Mankato) and WCCO would show different NFL games than KEYC so extra NFL for me :)

I may have to try this again. I only watched a few episodes before giving up.

Strange New Worlds is the real gem. Picard has some real tough spots to get through, but the Borg stuff lets me forgive a lot from last season.

This current season though brings back damn near the entire TNG cast and brings the Titan to the small screen! Riker's ship he commanded for a long time in books, it's been reimagined into a new version of the Constitution class (Neo-Constitution)

Fo3xCMMaIAEQIdZ

Kinda hope this season serves as a backdoor pilot for a Titan show...

Reactions: DaveKL69
Strange New Worlds is the real gem. Picard has some real tough spots to get through, but the Borg stuff lets me forgive a lot from last season.

This current season though brings back damn near the entire TNG cast and brings the Titan to the small screen! Riker's ship he commanded for a long time in books, it's been reimagined into a new version of the Constitution class (Neo-Constitution)

Fo3xCMMaIAEQIdZ

Kinda hope this season serves as a backdoor pilot for a Titan show...
I forgot about that one also. I did watch a season or two of it.

My Paramount+ subscription renews in a few weeks so I will miss the new rates for one year.

Reactions: Mr Tony
From an email I received today, looks like this is a price decrease for me:

DEAR CUSTOMER
Great news! As of 2/16/23, the price of your Paramount+ Premium with SHOWTIME® plan has DECREASED, from $14.99/month or $149.99/year, to $11.99/month or $119.99/year. This is the new, low price for the Premium with SHOWTIME® plan. The pricing change will go into effect at the start of your next billing cycle.

From an email I received today, looks like this is a price decrease for me:
Same for me, except my price was $129.99 since I upgraded when there was a promo, so a drop of $10.

So, if you pay for the year in advance, $10 a month, since they will be adding Big Ten Football ( along with Peacock this fall), it is a must have service for me.

Also, I keep thinking they will get rid of all the promo codes, but it seems to be working since they added another 9 million to the service, just reported.

If people were just doing a free month and leaving, I would assume their growth would be a lot less, but this year alone, about 20 million net adds to the service.