Parents changed Dish programming did not update

rrolsbe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
My parents have three Dish receivers. A few weeks back they changed from one movie channel to another. One of their receivers was unplugged when the signal was sent via the satellite to make the switch. They plugged the third receiver back in and it did not switch from the old movie channel choice to the new one.

only way to get a re-hit, is by calling dish. It's not hard and shouldn't take long. But if they like having the 2 different movie packs on different receivers while only paying for one, they didn't do anything wrong, and you can leave it be...

If the receiver is not connected to the satellite and plugged in when they do the change it will not take effect right away but will later on. That is one of the security fixes they had with the new yellow cards. The stream will eventually update the receiver's card to get the programming it is supposed to get.

They have the Dish 811 HD Receiver with FW Rev 281

With all the problems I have read about regarding updating the firmware on the 811 HD Receiver, I have told them not to accept any new firmware versions. I believe the newest firmware is version 285 and their version is 281.

Smartcard 281 <-- is this the firmware version?
Software Version P268

Regards

rrolsbe said:
With all the problems I have read about regarding updating the firmware on the 811 HD Receiver, I have told them not to accept any new firmware versions. I believe the newest firmware is version 285 and their version is 281.

Smartcard 281 <-- is this the firmware version?
Software Version P268

Regards

By that post their version is P268, P284 is the latest widespread version, though P285 is going to select receivers right now.

Telling a reciever not to accept new firmware versions will NOT block a re-hit. Dish sends re-hit's to every reciever at certain intervals. The new yellow cards will actually lose thier authorizations if not connected to the stream for a while. That scheme will allow dish to kill the bazillion kill hits that are currently needed for deactivation blue cards when the card swap is complete.

I recently bought a new 811. It still had the old programming on it. Took my time activating it, as I was trying to pull in my locals OTA. After 2 days it got the re-hit to kill what it had.

So give it a few days, and that reciever will get a rehit to go to what it is supposed to, irregardless if it's set to accept new programming or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)