Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
When they said in their plans to upgrade, they wanted to keep the C band feed as a back up and get rid of the 125w feeds due to weather and upgrading to fiber.
Yes, this is public knowledge. I would like to know the stats on the purpose of the thread. As in how many calls they have gotten and tallies on their survey questions. ;)

Pi314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2013
WI
I called and took the survey, thanks for the heads up on this. I pledge money to my local PBS station every year although I do not watch the local, I watch it through satellite. If I could pledge financial support to the satellite feeds I certainly would do that as well.

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Hope the survey lasts until next week, will be in the US for a few days, can make a few calls... :)

Reactions: Brct203

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Toll free “800” (etc) numbers don’t work outside of the US. Maybe in Guam but not in Canada.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
The subscriber of a toll-free number can designate where it is available to call from, since that toll is actually being paid for by the sub. It is not uncommon to get called from a US salesperson on a business call and given a toll-free number to call back - and it doesn't work.

Why can't you call from Canada? Isn't it a toll-free number?

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
No the number from here goes to "this number is not available in your calling area" recording. Makes perfect sense, why pay extra for having a number work in another country where that country is not the target audience for their broadcast. I suspect similar for Mexico and Central.South America.

Most business 1-800 numbers from the US do work in Canada though.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Never tried myself, but have heard of it being possible. I think it also depends on where you are at in the foot print.

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
Just wondering... is there any benefit in getting PBS on 103 C-Band compared to 125 Ku (other than possible LOS issues)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts