PEACHTREE HD ATLANTA BRAVES BASEBALL???

I know this is a little off topic, but I've found that I get a faster response to my complaints by posting to @dishnetwork on twitter. I don't think they really like it when I'm disparaging their name when complaining about not getting something in HD. Although they can do nothing about it, i think the posting on public timelines makes them faster at getting you some answer or at least making sure your complaint is heard.

I know this is a little off topic, but I've found that I get a faster response to my complaints by posting to @dishnetwork on twitter. I don't think they really like it when I'm disparaging their name when complaining about not getting something in HD. Although they can do nothing about it, i think the posting on public timelines makes them faster at getting you some answer or at least making sure your complaint is heard.
I'm not exactly twitter savvy. You by chance haven't asked them why they showed Peachtree games at the end of the year last year, but looks like they are not showing them this year, have you?

Offical Response from Peachtree

[FONT=&quot]"We are currently in talks with Dish Network for the 2010 season so cannot confirm their participation at this time. We suggest you monitor the Sports Alternate channels after the start of Braves season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Last season Dish Network aired the Peachtree TV Braves games (usually on the sports alternate channels 449 and 450). Please check your station guide (at dishnetwork.com) for the SportsSouth channels (in the 400s), or you can log on to http://www.dishnetwork.com/sports/WheresMyGame/Default.aspx. Once on the Web page, enter your zip code and a list of available sporting events comes up. To further refine that search - as in, if you're just looking for Braves games and times - customers can then type in "Atlanta Braves" and only a list of Braves games, and the respective station each will be shown on, will appear. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Please contact Dish Network for further information."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Sincerely,
Peachtree TV Viewer Relations[/FONT]

I have Comcast, so I'll get the games in HD through CSS, but my Dish setup is moved to Atlanta so I'll get the games twice. lol. If "moving" wasn't an option then I would have been very angry if I only had Dish. These types of things seem to be a very low priority with them. Not only are a lot of games for various teams just not aired or only in SD, they use horribly low bitrates on the alternate RSN games. I know they could do better and I'm sure they will at some point, but that is no comfort when your team isn't on.

Watching todays opening game Braves and Cubs on Sportsouth.

It is also on an alternate and ESPN but both of them are blacked out to me, why are they blocked out but Sportsouth is not?

Would be a really poor move on Dish's part if they didn't continue with the Peachtree games after carrying them last season. I know people that have switched back to Dish because they thought this issue was resolved, now it's back up in the air again? Pretty half-assed from E*!

Watching todays opening game Braves and Cubs on Sportsouth.

It is also on an alternate and ESPN but both of them are blacked out to me, why are they blocked out but Sportsouth is not?

The Alt was the cubs feed so you're blacked out of that
If the game is on your local RSN you are blacked out of ESPN/ESPN2. I am blacked out of the Twins/Angels game tonight on ESPN2

TODAY APRIL 7TH THE BRAVES PLAY ON PEACHTREE.I LOOKED IN THE GUIDE ON CH 445 AND ITS BLACKED OUT ON BOTH HD AND SD FEEDS:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
6:30 EAST

Call Dish and raise hell with them. My parents have E* and they thought they were going to have the Braves, they are pissed. My dad called me earlier, told me he's been calling Dish every hour :up

TODAY APRIL 7TH THE BRAVES PLAY ON PEACHTREE.I LOOKED IN THE GUIDE ON CH 445 AND ITS BLACKED OUT ON BOTH HD AND SD FEEDS:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
6:30 EAST
The channel 445 game is the Chicago RSN channel, not Peachtree. Dish is supposedly back in negotiations with Peachtree about redistribution to the Braves Market. It makes no sense to me that the channel is carried by Dish in the Atlanta area, but getting the game to the rest of the Braves market seems to be more complicating than brain surgery. Two of my neighbors started service with Dish this year under the pretense that they would see the Peachtree games. They aren't very happy with Dish or me for suggesting Dish. Braves fans hosed again.

Funny

Funny how this thread was started wondering if we were gonna get the HD version of the channel and now we're just crossing our fingers and hoping just to get the SD version back. I really dont want to have to go back to watching crappy 3rd party internet streamers just to watch the games again.

It makes no sense to me that the channel is carried by Dish in the Atlanta area, but getting the game to the rest of the Braves market seems to be more complicating than brain surgery.

um the reason they can carry the games to the Atlanta DMA is because WPCH is a local station in that DMA ;)

Good news guys, the game is on channel 452 tonight. My dad was flipping through the seemingly open alternate channels and the Peachtree telecast is on even though the info banner still just says Sports Alternate.

Speaking of the Braves, rough year announcer-wise for us fans. We have to listen to Chip Caray for what, 110 games this season, and Ernie Johnson is even more dull. Boog will be missed BIG TIME

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts