Personal Computer Game News

It appears as though Guillermo Del Toro's production company Mirada Studios is working on a trailer for Fallout 4. A person on LinkedIn listed work on it in their work experience. While you might say "Well, that hardly confirms anything. They could have said they worked on Half-Life 3 and it doesn't mean that it's true," this is given more credence by the fact that the company contacted Destruction, demanding they take down the story, citing that they broke a non-disclosure agreement. Well, no one at Destruction signed an NDA. Looks like the guy on LinkedIn made a bit of a boo boo. Still, presumably this means we could see a trailer/announcement upcoming at E3..

http://www.destructoid.com/rumour-g...mpany-creating-fallout-4-trailer-291924.phtml

A developer for The Witcher 3 is helping pirates, sort of...

2zYvMkp.png

A developer for The Witcher 3 is helping pirates, sort of...

2zYvMkp.png
I think they probably had to do it that way to stick to their DRM free approach. If they required you to be logged into their GOG launcher to get patches it wouldn't really be DRM free. Also this post must be meant for some other region because the game is not $32 on GOG. It's regularly priced at $60 but if you pre-order you get a 10% discount.

So far the reviews for W3 have been overwhelmingly positive, although sadly they're all just for the PS4 version. Surprised the One version hasn't been sent out, and unfortunately the PC version is getting a massive Day 1 patch (because of COURSE it is) that apparently is needed to make the damn thing playable, and it's not being released until the 19th. Not that I was looking to play the game on day 1 (I may redeem the key, but this isn't even being considered for actual playing until I'm done with Arkham Knight) but it still is annoying that this is now the new norm for PC gamers..

So far the reviews for W3 have been overwhelmingly positive, although sadly they're all just for the PS4 version. Surprised the One version hasn't been sent out, and unfortunately the PC version is getting a massive Day 1 patch (because of COURSE it is) that apparently is needed to make the damn thing playable, and it's not being released until the 19th. Not that I was looking to play the game on day 1 (I may redeem the key, but this isn't even being considered for actual playing until I'm done with Arkham Knight) but it still is annoying that this is now the new norm for PC gamers..

Yep, IGN gave it it a 9.3 and it's currently sitting at 92 on metacritic.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-review

It does seem a little weird that they only sent out PS4 copies for review, especially since they clearly have a marketing deal with Microsoft. Every Witcher 3 commercial I have seen has a big Xbox One logo at the beginning. It's also a little strange that they chose to send the PS4 version when it seems to struggle with parts of the game. IGN's review mentioned that the game has framerate drops below 30 in some areas. Maybe the Xbox version runs worse since it's actually weaker hardware than the PS4? Still, they should have sent out the PC version for review since that's where the series has it's roots and it would run better than either console.

Either way, I'm glad to see the game getting good reviews and it's nice that a developer trusts their product enough to put the embargo a week before launch. I'm excited to throw my new hardware at it and I think I'm actually looking forward to a good, action RPG like this more than Arkham Knight. They are the two biggest launches of the year for me and it would have been nice if they would have spread them out a bit more. I'll probably jump into Witcher 3 right away and then take a break when Arkham Knight comes out. The IGN reviewer mentioned that it took him over 100 hours and I know I will want to change it up with some Batman in the middle of something like that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-now-available-for-pre-load-on-pc

Witcher 3 is now available for pre-load on Steam, GOG, and Xbox One. PS4 is supposed to get pre-load before launch but it's not available yet. Pre-loading isn't the biggest deal in the world but it's nice to not have to wait for a 35GB download when you want to play a game on day one. It's like the midnight launches I used to go with with friends only you don't have to drive to the store and back or wait in line.

Part 4 of Game of Thrones is coming.... soon..

Cheap Ass Gamer posted a pricing error on the Microsoft store earlier today. You could have gotten the entire first season on Xbox One for $5. I was going to post it in our game deals thread but by the time I checked it out they had fixed the error.

Yeah I saw that too but figured it was a glitch and people had commented that the downloads weren't working.

After reading their forums it looks like Microsoft honored those purchases and people who got in before they fixed it are able to download now. Still isn't much use for anyone here since the pricing error has been fixed.

Witcher 3 team feels bad that people may have been deceived by their E3 trailer, promises enhancements for PC gamers.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/21/86...rade-accusations-maybe-we-shouldnt-have-shown

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

There is the article from Euro Gamer, who did the interview. It has more in depth answers than the snippets posted on IGN, Polygon, and other sources. The article has also been updated to say that the 1.03 patch for the game is now live on PC. Here are the patch notes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-patch-tidies-up-nvidia-hairworks-performance

The game clearly does not look as good as the original trailer from 2013. I think that can be said for almost every game though. They always put out these ridiculous announcement trailers that they can never live up to. This is something the entire game industry needs to move away from. Either that or they need to stop putting up messaging at the beginning of a trailer saying "in game footage." At least stop pretending that your trailer represents actual graphics in any way. Call it what it is, a CG hype trailer.

That being said, what they did release is still one of the best looking games available. If they would have insisted on actually making it look as good as that trailer no one would have hardware good enough to play the game. It's already a very demanding game as it is. The Steam forum is full of people screaming that it's terribly optimized because they can't get 60 fps on their 4 year old GPUs while at the same time complaining that the graphics were downgraded.

Here is the 2013 trailer in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts