Personal Computer Game News

So this is how World of Tanks is being advertised in Japan..

And on the topic of other weird looking things, here's how bad you can make Rocket League look.

Virtua Racing anyone?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09...perience-beta-introduces-remote-co-op-feature

The new GeForce Experience beta software from Nvidia basically copied PS4s shareplay feature. If you opt into the beta you can let a friend stream games off your computer over the internet. You can also use it to play games games in multiplayer together off one computer.

My first reaction was that this is pretty much useless for me. Most games I am going to want to play in multiplayer already have online support built in.

There are uses though. Some games only support local multiplayer and even some of those that do support online have local multiplayer as an option too. This will allow people to play together without requiring that both people own the game. Unlike on PS4, there doesn't seem to be any playtime limit for this either.

I can see this being useful for fighting games like MKX. Anything that has local co-op would be great too. Now you can play against a friend on day one even if only one of you goes out and buys the game. Since the game is streamed off of one machine your friend can play with you even if they only have a HP laptop with no dedicated GPU on board too. Depending on how much latencey there is this could actually be pretty awesome.

The computer actually running the game needs an Nvidia GTX 650 or higher, an i3-2100 or higher, 4GB of RAM, and the latest version of the Geforce Experience software.

I can see this being useful for fighting games like MKX. Anything that has local co-op would be great too. Now you can play against a friend on day one even if only one of you goes out and buys the game. Since the game is streamed off of one machine your friend can play with you even if they only have a HP laptop with no dedicated GPU on board too. Depending on how much latency there is this could actually be pretty awesome.

I don't see this being good for fighting games. You need almost 0 lag for those to work, and I get the impression that this system won't be able to support that. And as you said, most PC games have multiplayer already. There's very few that have JUST local co-op, and the ones that do likely require it due to lag/delay issues. Honestly I see this more being used as an "assistant," like if you're having issues beating a boss in a game but your friend has beaten it so you invite him to take the wheel so to speak. In any case it's a cool technology. However, be careful who you give control to. Let us not forget about this story..

I don't see this being good for fighting games. You need almost 0 lag for those to work, and I get the impression that this system won't be able to support that. And as you said, most PC games have multiplayer already. There's very few that have JUST local co-op, and the ones that do likely require it due to lag/delay issues. Honestly I see this more being used as an "assistant," like if you're having issues beating a boss in a game but your friend has beaten it so you invite him to take the wheel so to speak. In any case it's a cool technology. However, be careful who you give control to. Let us not forget about this story..

I agree that if both people have a strong enough gaming PC and own a copy of the game regular online multiplayer would be the way to go. I still think the features I talked about could be useful depending on whether the latency is at playable levels. Just the fact that you can play some games in multiplayer through this with a friend without both of you having to go out and buy a $60 game makes this a useful feature.

Maybe fighting games aren't the best example but it was the first thing that came to mind.

In another instance of "Konami is Konami," Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 for PC is a port.

I'm sure you're thinking "So? Most PC versions are ports." Yes this is true, but also most PC versions are ports of CURRENT GEN games. The PC version of PES 2016 is a port of the last gen version of the game.

This is almost insultingly bad

In another instance of "Konami is Konami," Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 for PC is a port.

I'm sure you're thinking "So? Most PC versions are ports." Yes this is true, but also most PC versions are ports of CURRENT GEN games. The PC version of PES 2016 is a port of the last gen version of the game.

This is almost insultingly bad

Yeah, I would not be happy if this was a game I cared about. Luckily it seems like Konami's PC port of Metal Gear Solid V is very good. Imagine the outrage if they did the same thing to that game.

Well this story keeps getting better..

Not only did Konami lie to PC gamers by putting video/screenshots of the PS4 version on the Steam page of PES 2016, but now they are trying to hide the bad reviews of the game (needless to say, people aren't happy with the port quality) by making the PES Digital Exclusive Bundle. The "bundle" just has the game in it and nothing else (not even DLC or any sort of season pass.) The logic is that this appears on the Steam storefront, so when you click on it you get this page. As you can see, there's no user reviews on it. It's not until you click on the game itself within the bundle that you get the "real" page.

Fascinating story coming from Jim Sterling...

You know that company crappy company Digital Homicide? Well, if not, here's probably the best primer on them and I highly recommend you see it. All the videos in this post are NSFW due to language

They've released a bunch of other crap games that were either asset flips or just assets thrown together in a mess.

Well apparently the company realizes that they have a bad name and people are starting to recognize their stench, so they released new games under a different company name. Unfortunately, the company name they chose belongs to another company. Oh that's just the start of this story. Really worth the read, as it points out A: The lows that a company will go to push crap onto Steam for profits, and B: Valve's awful level of oversight over their own service.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/09/digital-homicide-and-the-case-of-the-sockpuppet-developers/

Humble Bundle launched a subscription service called Humble Monthly for $12.95 per month. As far as I can tell this doesn't give you automatic access to the games featured in the normal bundles and weekly bundles. This is a separate monthly bundle featuring games that haven't been offered in other humble bundles before.

It appears to work like Loot Crate where you have to be subscribed before a certain date to receive that month's bundle. I really like the things Humble has done for my PC library but I don't like the idea of paying $12.95 per month before I know what I am getting.

I have a feeling that the first bundle will be very strong with a AAA release or two so they can convince people what a great deal this is. I can't say it's a bad deal until I see what kinds of games they offer with this service. I was skeptical about PS Plus when it first launched too.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthl...-99907589&mc_cid=b89992d378&mc_eid=2e9a6ec67e

Another day, another Kickstarter that ran out of money..

http://kotaku.com/successful-73-000-kickstarter-runs-out-of-money-1735005793

What makes this one a bit more insulting is that the developer admitted that he knew that what was raised wouldn't be enough to carry the project. Now he's looking for publishers/private investors. I think Jason of Kotaku put it best:

Some advice: If you see a video game Kickstarter asking for less than, oh, say, $200,000 (aka: a year’s salary for four people working at below-average rates), you probably shouldn’t back it. And if you see a video game Kickstarter whose creators don’t seem to have any experience shipping actual video games, then, well, you probably shouldn’t back it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)