Peter Gabriel on Rave HD 9pm ET

larrybud

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Rochester, MI
I believe Saturday is the first day for this EXCELLENT concert, Growing Up Live. I have the DVD and it's just fantastic, and while surfing the channels yesterday, they had "In Your Eyes" as a teaser.

Peter puts on quite a show. Lots of props (this giant clear hamster ball he gets into is incredible), great lighting, and the music sounds great.

I always like to brag on this. In 1973 Peter Gabriel and Genesis played their first concert in the US at our small college campus in front of 1500 people. After the show Peter and the band members came over to my apartment for a party and we jammed on our guitars, partied and talked until the wee hours. Had no idea Geneses would become what it did but I got hooked that first night. Always a fan of Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins. Incidently, Phil Collins was not at the show that night. I believe he joined the group at a latter date.

I bought this DVD when it came out but watching it in HD was like watching it for the first time.
If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor, watch + listen.

Side note;
I was fortunate to see Genesis "The Lamb lies Down on Broadway" tour, the last with Gabriel. To this day, one of the best shows I have ever seen.

February Premium Channel Saturday Premiers

LIVE FUTBOL: Real Madrid vs. Athletic 2/19 @ 2 PM EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)