phone line hook up

illusion123a

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I was being charged for not having a phone line hooked up..first why is this, and second there is a phone line already hooked up!!! I live with my granddfather who still has a rotary phone, meaning no touchtone, could this be why DIsh is reading there is not phone hooked up? The person who installed my dish must have hooked it up.

Go into the phone system setup and make sure Rotary is checked. Make sure the phone line is active also.

Well considering a 322 on setup will not let you past the phone test with out passing it till you call dish and tell them to set the correct flag in the account so it would have had to work at one point. Otherwise the CSR would have had to remind you before ending the initial setup call that you were going to be charged for the second tuner as a second receiver because it wasn't hooked up to a phone line.

So one of two scenarios comes to mind. Either at some point you chose the "Factory Default" menu and reset the receiver which defaults to Tone dialing and are really with out Touch Tone service or you simply didn't pay attention to begin with and the tech either didn't care or didn't know so didn't set the receiver up correctly the first time.

I changes the system to rotary, i am going to call them and see what happens, what do you think my chances are of getting a refund for the $5 they have been charging me? Afterall the phone has been hooked up since sept, when I signed up for dish

I have had two customers who I installed a working phone line for. They kept getting the $4.99 AO screen and were charged the fee even though they had a phone connection. I had them run a phone test and then call CS. Both were able to get it reversed. Neither has called back so I am assuming everything has been fine since then.

I don't have a phone line hooked up and I have never been charged. Is it only for certain receivers or packages?

herky said:
I have had two customers who I installed a working phone line for. They kept getting the $4.99 AO screen and were charged the fee even though they had a phone connection. I had them run a phone test and then call CS. Both were able to get it reversed. Neither has called back so I am assuming everything has been fine since then.

how do i run a phone test?

go to menu then system set up( #6). then to diagnostics (#3). do a connection test. after it is confirmed, do a dial out. it will do an " update test". once this is done, you should be good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts