Picked up a new 4k set for the bedroom.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Well, decided to upgrade the 46" panny plasma in the bedroom and went today and got a 50" Samsung uhd.

So far limited to Netflix for 4k content, but house of cards never looked so good. Lol.

Going to fidget with the settings more and more to get them dialed in, but so far I'm pleased.

I really wish they wouldn't activate this "smooth motion" settings in these TVs from the factory. It looks like crap.

good to hear, thanks. And this thing accepts the usb donle for my logitech wireless keyboard, so here I am using the tv broswer for satguys.

Is there enough 4k content to warrant the price of getting uhd? I've all but pulled the trigger at Best Buy but that one thing keeps holding me back.

Ive been looking at the 55" BestBuy black friday deal for my bedroom.

Is there enough 4k content to warrant the price of getting uhd? I've all but pulled the trigger at Best Buy but that one thing keeps holding me back.
If you are buying a TV anyway, why not?

Only a few hours in, but I probably wouldn't just up and go buy one just for that.

I've been very impressed with Netflix 4k streaming and dirctv is coming out with more.

Content is growing. Much like HD to begin with.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I plan to wait at least a year while the standards settle in.
That was my plan but with sales and having two so are sets to offset the cost, I'm looking at even money or close.

It wasn't a hard decision in that case. V

Depends on the distance viewed as well. In my case in the bedroom, my viewing distance is close. Even on a 50" its noticeable. To me.
Of course this is with 4k content vs the same in 1080

Im as impressed by the upscaling as I am most everything else. I didn't think it would be that good, but it is impressive.

Check out some of the 4k YouTube videos. Some are quite good.
You may be eligible for the Samsung 4k video pack for free. You need to go to the Samsung website. The free one has about 5-7 movies and a few docs.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Just haven't gotten my settings dialed in yet I'm sure but dang I've forgotten the differences between plasma and LCD/led sets.

Its a shame the superior tech is dying.

Finally think I got the settings right, much improved.

I am using the smart features of the set more, and my other streaming options less.

The only thing I use that I see missing right now is watch espn. It has vudu, mgo, Netflix, Hulu, amazon, ect.

Well, decided to upgrade the 46" panny plasma in the bedroom and went today and got a 50" Samsung uhd.

So far limited to Netflix for 4k content, but house of cards never looked so good. Lol.

Going to fidget with the settings more and more to get them dialed in, but so far I'm pleased.

I really wish they wouldn't activate this "smooth motion" settings in these TVs from the factory. It looks like crap.

Really, House of cards looks like SH*T when compared to Amazon 4k. Too many dark scenes in house of cards. The brighter scenes look good. (Note: My set is ISF calibrated Samsung 65HU8550)

Finally think I got the settings right, much improved.

I am using the smart features of the set more, and my other streaming options less.

The only thing I use that I see missing right now is watch espn. It has vudu, mgo, Netflix, Hulu, amazon, ect.

On my set those are there.. You have to go in and add them through the smart hub and at the bottom there are a bunch of categories like what's popular, ect. Once you get into those categories you can add well over 100 apps. Also, its a bit tricky to update apps when updates are released.

Everything I've seen on Netflix in 4k beats anything I've yet seen the same on amazon.

It took me some time to get mine tuned how I want it, but now that I do, on angle the blacks are as deep as my plasmas. With great contrast.

Watching Marco Polo now, and it has a slight "3d" effect. Its pristine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)