PLEASE HELP, dvr 625 freezes when transferring to pocketdish av700e

I am a dish retailer of 10 yrs and recently sold 2 AV700s that have been in my display for way too long. One cust has a new 625 the other a 622. I was quite supprised when both came back not working. The customers still wanted the PDs and left them with me to troubleshot. They both work on my 722 demo. I repaced the 622 with a 722. The PD claims you are trying to download a HD program even when it is SD. I have tried both units on 722s,622s and 625s. Except for my demo, none work. Phone calls to Dish tech and service request through DNS get no response. Dish says it's up to Arcos. Arcos says it's a Dish issue.
I am convinced that this is a Dish firmware issue. It is very discouraging that dish tech claims no knowledge or resolution to this problem.WE JUSY WAIT!

I noticed yesterday (7-22-2009) that my pocketdish AV700E and dvr522 are working fine together again. I now have software version L534GALD-N. Hopefully we won't have this problem again but i imagine we will after a few years because this is actually the 2nd time i have had to deal with this problem, the first time was in 2007

Pocketdish is now working with 625 DVR

I just saw the message Andy posted and tried my pocketdish. I was able to transfer a file - FINALLY! I have a 625 receiver. My software version was slightly different (probably because we have different receivers). But, it did start with L534.

I'm glad I can finally transfer the "normal" way - it's a lot easier (and a bit faster).

Jane

Can your "force" a software update?

I have a VIP 622 and can not download to it as all things are now listed as "HD." Can an update to L534 software be forced? If I call Tech at Dish will they know what I mean if I ask for/demand that?

Thanks in advance..

Flamingo

I have a VIP 622 and can not download to it as all things are now listed as "HD." Can an update to L534 software be forced? If I call Tech at Dish will they know what I mean if I ask for/demand that?

Thanks in advance..

Flamingo

To force a software update, you have to hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds to make the DVR reboot. That is how i make mine "check/download" and update if it is ready to go to my DVR but mine is a DVR522, so we may not even have the same software versions. It will take it a few minutes to reboot. If you still don't have the software update after trying that than they may not have the software ready for your VIPDVR yet. So, if i am understanding you right, Even your SD recordings are now listed as HD, that is strange. If you still have that problem after the update you will probably have to call dish network and tell them. I think if you call tech support at dish network they will say "this is a software probelm with your pocketdish, you will have to call archos, would you like their number?" that is what they always say to me when i call them. I think you would have better luck if you called in on that Charile Chat show or emailed them, or emailed the tech fourm. Here is a link if you are unfamilar with those shows Charlie Chat - Frequently Answered Questions - DISH Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts