Pointing a Gain Master Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fromplanetbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
VA
Okay, I just dumped my DW4000 Direcway Internet system (.74M dish) for a new professional DW7000 system (.98M dish). I want to remove my old DW4000 dish, but it also has a 110 kit for directv on the side - here's my current setup

sdishes.jpg

Larger Image Here: http://www.GiveMeSatelliteRadio.com/stuff/dishes.jpg

The plan is to remove the old 18" round dish and the DW4000 .74M dish and end up with the channel master and the new .98M DW7000 dish. The old DW4000 dish with the 110 kit was great especially when battling rain faid, so I choose the Channel master Gain Master.

But I can't get the Channel Master Gain Master dish pointed right! I've pointed 18" dishes time and time again, just move it here and there and listen for a higher pitch signal. The documentation on the Gain Master dish says you can't use the standard tripple LNB dish pointing and provide you a cheat sheet by Long/Lat - but it's not very accurate. I pointed it best I could but got nothing! Absolutely Nothing!

I've double checked all my connections, everything seems to be fine. I've ordered a pair of signal meters to help me out.

So my questions:
-Has anyone pointed a Gain Master Dish?
-Anyone know of a more accurate pointing guide for the Gain Master?
-Do you think a DirecTV installer could point it for me (I've thought of canceling my current account and getting a new one under the wife's name then giving the guy an extra $50 to point my Gain Master Dish.)
-Anything I might has missed?

Hope This Helps

Subtract your skew reading you get from the settings Directv gives you from 180. That will be the correct skew. I have a Gainmaster dish and I got a reading of 56 which I subtracted from 180 and got 124. Just a different way of expressing the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)