Pointing dish 1000.2 western ark questions

Darrel Hayes

Original poster
Dec 20, 2014
United states of america
I have set up my dish, I have the correct skew and elevation. I have a good strong signal on 119 about 50 and a fair signal on 129 about 32. But 110 shows locked on 129 with a strength of 32. I have moved all over the sky and can not get all three satellites. I can get 110 but nothing else or 119 and 129 but on 110.

What do I need to do?

Is there a different LNB for EA and WA?

Just set your skew, then tweak your elevation and azimuth on 119. Then, hit the "view live TV" button and let it download the program guide. The VIP receivers get all confused when you keep toggling between sats on the point dish screen.

Good I have three eyes so I have the correct LNB.
You may or may not have the correct assembly, are the lnb's evenly spaced or is one farther away from the other two? If they are the same distance, you have the correct one for WA. Try covering both the outer lnb's with foil and use the center one to air for 119. Once you have a good ss, then you should only need to deal with skew to pull in 110 and 119.

The EA dish has three LNBs, 61.5W , 72.7W, and 77.0W. The spacing on the LNBs is wrong for the WA. So an EA dish will not get all three satellites in the western arc. You must have the correct dish and LNB for a WA setup.

The EA dish has three LNBs, 61.5W , 72.7W, and 77.0W. The spacing on the LNBs is wrong for the WA. So an EA dish will not get all three satellites in the western arc. You must have the correct dish and LNB for a WA setup.

The 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish has 3 LNB's. The 1000.2 Eastern Arc has 2. The OP specifically asked about the 1000.2 dish.

Always start with a very vertical mast. Set the Skew and mount the dish.

Unless you have a special meter, set the receiver tuner/s to satellite 119 and a transponder > 11.

I want to thank everyone for all the good suggestions. I am sure that the mast is square with two measurements taken and everywhere I check I'm told the Skew should be 117 and the Elevation should be 43. All I know now is to tweak the Skew and see what happens. First I am going to try the foil on the outer two LNB eyes and peak on 119. But it's getting dark and tomorrow is Sunday so now work till Monday. I will be back for more help and to report on my success or lack thereof. I am sure that I have the correct LNB as mine has the three eyes evenly spaced and as I understand that would indicate the WA LNB.

I have moved my dish 25 times per year for the past 7 years. I never, ever have tweaked the skew once it is set. I have never, ever placed foil over the lnb's.

Set the skew, set the elevation, then rotate the dish until you get the azimuth correct for 119. Then, make very small adjustments to the elevation and azimuth until you get the strongest signal on 119. Tighten all the bolts. Click on the "view live TV" button on the remote and wait for the receiver to set up. Watch TV.

I too set a ground tripod up for 7 years. Never tweaked the Skew.

The foil over the LNBFs is useless. There is a multi-switch in the head of a DPP 1000.2 and without some control on the cable, a coax can be electronically attached to any of the LNBFs. Either a smart meter that can generate a 22KHz tone on the cable or the receiver setting is necessary to insure the 119 LNBF is connected to the coax.

I too set a ground tripod up for 7 years. Never tweaked the Skew.

The foil over the LNBFs is useless. There is a multi-switch in the head of a DPP 1000.2 and without some control on the cable, a coax can be electronically attached to any of the LNBFs. Either a smart meter that can generate a 22KHz tone on the cable or the receiver setting is necessary to insure the 119 LNBF is connected to the coax.
The idea of the foil is for persons without a meter to make sure the dish is aimed correctly and that proper lnb is capturing from the correct sat. I only suggested it since it seems to me that the OP is not using one. Note that I have had to tweak the skew but it usually less than 1 point. It may be due to my location.

You miss the point that since there is a multi-switch in the head, the coax can be electronically connected to any of the LNBFs. If you have a single tuner receiver then the tuner can force the LNBF selection.

Just floating with a cheap meter, the line voltage on the coax (of lack of it) will select probably select the 110 LNBF. Put foil over the 110 LNBF and you get no signal.

If you are selecting the 119 LNBF, you don't need the foil. If you are not selecting the 119 LNBF, the foil will kill any signal. Foil just a waste of time.

Back, still having problems. My zip is 73075
Now I get 119 on 110 and 110 on 119 and 119 on 129
I have played with elevation from 40 to 47 and azimuth from 200 to 217.
All setting are as shown in the book 207 42 117

What now?

Disconnect EVERYTHING from your receiver and do a check switch to clear the switch matrix, then reconnect and try to find 119 on the center lnb.

You're right, this is directly from the tech portal

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1419298723403.jpg
    1419298723403.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 714

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)