Portable Directv HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

osutlg8r

Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
ohio
Does anyone know if/when Directv will have a portable satellite antenna similar to Winegard RoadTrip MiniMax Automatic Stationary Satellite TV Antenna that will pick up HD signals? This picks up DISH HD, but only Standard Def Directv.

What I am looking for is a quick way to set up HD Directv for tailgating. I can get the standard definition easily, and purchased a slimline dish with SL3 lnb to use this year, and have not been successful in fine tuning to get the HD channels. Anyone have suggestions?

What I am looking for is a quick way to set up HD Directv for tailgating. I can get the standard definition easily, and purchased a slimline dish with SL3 lnb to use this year, and have not been successful in fine tuning to get the HD channels. Anyone have suggestions?

Just practice.

if you can get the 101 with the old, you should be able to get it with the new, once you've got a solid signal on the 101, do the dithering , fine tuning if the 99 and 103 don't fall into place for you.

Thanks. One more question... I'm using an H20 receiver... any issues with this receiver with the SL3 lnb?

Thanks. One more question... I'm using an H20 receiver... any issues with this receiver with the SL3 lnb?

no issues as long as you have the bbc attached to the rec. I find that issue a lot where with the older HD rec people don't hook the bbc back up, and thus can't find the hd signals

I have the bbc connected. Just seems like I may be missing something basic. Occasionally I get the HD channels - they a few minutes later I start getting pixelization (is that a word?) - then it seems to go out completely.

I have the bbc connected. Just seems like I may be missing something basic. Occasionally I get the HD channels - they a few minutes later I start getting pixelization (is that a word?) - then it seems to go out completely.

Sounds like your dish is not dial in all the way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts