Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Expands Movie Channel Lineup with Introduction of Starz Entertainment's MoviePlex

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C. today reaffirmed its commitment to growing its selection of movie channels with the launch of Starz Entertainment's MoviePlex movie channel into DISH Network's HD Platinum package. As part of the multi-year agreement signed between the companies, MoviePlex's content, along with hundreds of titles from Starz and Encore, will also soon be available on demand and through DISHOnline.com.

LA19624LOGO

MoviePlex offers popular uncut, commercial-free movies with a different movie genre showcased every day. Featured titles coming up on MoviePlex include: "The Fifth Element," "Groundhog Day," "The Karate Kid," "Sleepless in Seattle," "Seven Years in Tibet," "Fried Green Tomatoes," "The Scorpion King," "Happy Gilmore" and "The Sixth Sense."

"DISH Network customers have responded extremely well to our recent launch of movie channels like Starz's IndiePlex and RetroPlex, so we're proud to expand our relationship with Starz by introducing MoviePlex," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "Plus, the addition of MoviePlex, Starz and Encore content to our on demand and DISHOnline.com selections will give our customers even more ways to enjoy their favorite TV shows and movies."

"Starz is excited to broaden the distribution of our channels through not only DISH Network's TV service, but also via its on demand and online platforms," said Ed Huguez, executive vice president of Affiliate Sales and Marketing for Starz Entertainment. "The agreement deepens our business relationship with DISH Network for the benefit of its customers and expands the reach of our increasingly popular original programming and great movies."

DISHOnline.com offers more than 150,000 popular movies, TV shows, clips and trailers into one easy-to-use interface. DISH Network customers have the ability to watch their live TV, all of their DVR recordings, and instantly view thousands of movies, TV shows, clips and more, all at no additional charge with their paid subscription and compatible equipment. Through a robust search engine, customers can browse for content by title, network, actor or genre.

Is there a reason that this is not in HD? It doesn't make very much sense to put a SD channel in the DD Platinum tier. Of course Dish is not known for making sense.

Press release in not correct as of this moment. I'm not getting MoviePlex. It's in red in my guide. I have AT120HD with Platinum. Others getting AT200 or greater are receiving MoviePlex in SD.

Is there a reason that this is not in HD? It doesn't make very much sense to put a SD channel in the DD Platinum tier. Of course Dish is not known for making sense.

Going by the press release, MoviePlex would now be the third SD channel to be added to HD Platinum. I was surprised that what others have been saying about Encore Mystery and Starz Cinema being in HD Platinum is true when I checked the online channel lineup card online at this address: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf

Starz Cinema has an HD feed; therefore, maybe that will be added "soon." Maybe Dish knows something about MoviePlex and Encore Mystery that we do not in terms of possibly launching HD feeds. I really do not know, but regardless, I am enjoying these new additions to the lineup although we get Encore Mystery in America's Top 250. It must be a nice addition to those not in America's Top 250, and I am happy for those subs. It is interesting that there was no mention of Pixl HD.

Yeah, I checked out AVS' provider chart, and I don't think an HD version of Movieplex exists. The press release announcing Starz/Encore's new HD feeds for this year included Retro and Indie, but said nothing about Movieplex. Maybe your theories are right.

I have the Top 250 + HD Gold and I'm getting Mplex on #377. Not sure why if it's only supposed to be in the HD Platinum package. I don't get PIXL (but I do see it on the "all channels" guide page).

I have the Top 250 + HD Gold and I'm getting Mplex on #377. Not sure why if it's only supposed to be in the HD Platinum package. I don't get PIXL (but I do see it on the "all channels" guide page).

i have the same package and have those channels movieplex and pixl both.try a reset of your 922.unplug it for 15 to 30 seconds and let it reset it self and see if you get it then if you dont call dish:)

I have both of those, but the Starz Cinema isn't there with T250+HD Platinum. After a chat and a hit, still not there. They are sending a new 722k but I can't believe that will fix this.

Really glad I have the EHD and that the remote can store my timers.

Not getting MoviePlex either and I have top 120 with the free 3 months Platinum HD. I also don't get Starz Cinema or Encore Mystery.

Dish tech support is trying to tell me its my receiver also. I don't buy it.

Robert

No argument from me. I don't think the receiver is the issue at all, but they seem to think it is. And while it is a mild PITA to change one out, the fact that I have an EHD to stick my recordings on and that the remote will store my timers so I don't have to futz with redoing all of them again makes it no big deal.

But then again, what the hell is keeping me from getting the channel? A hit or two didn't do it.

I have both of those, but the Starz Cinema isn't there with T250+HD Platinum. After a chat and a hit, still not there. They are sending a new 722k but I can't believe that will fix this.

Really glad I have the EHD and that the remote can store my timers.

Out of curiosity, are you getting HD Platinum for free for 3 months? I have read that those getting HD Platinum free for 3 months are not getting Encore Mystery (unless they have AT250) or/and Starz Cinema (unless they also have Starz free for 3 months or sub to Starz). In my opinion, it seems somewhat silly not to put the channels on for those getting it free for 3 months if that really is the case; those channels would probably make them want to keep it.

Tech support chat just told me the following:

"It shows that this channel should be available on 377 to either, Encore Movie Pack, AT250 and HD Platinum packages at no additional charge."

I really wonder if they just didn't give it to those of us with the "3 month free HD Platinum" package?

Robert

I only have the Welcome Package but I also subscribe to the Encore Movie Package and NHL Center Ice. I'm currently getting MoviePlex on 377 with no problems as part of my Encore Movie Package. It is a nice addition for me. :)

377 and 388? Confusing.

I am confused- admittedly nothing new for me. It seemed last night, at least, MoviePlex 377 was simply the Western channel in offerings an hour late. I admit I didn't actually tune to channel 377 (since I had just watched Gunsmoke on the Western channel), maybe this information was just a glitch in the schedule info in my 722k. The new channel 388 HD was a beautiful picture and did track the schedule info. I also don't understand, like others have said, that the apparently SD channel 377 was put smack in the middle of the HD $10 extra pay channels package numbering system (which I subscribe to and am glad I do). While glad to have new channels, if the channel 377 is actually the Western channel (which showed the same shows at least on my schedule as being an hour later than the Western channel, why is it called MoviePlex? and why SD? or do they (MoviePlex) just show Westerns one night? :confused: Just curious, any thoughts appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)