prime time anytime and usb ota

You could always watch OTA along with PTAT. I'm not sure where you heard different. You can add second OTA adapter on the second Hopper but you will need to add a second coax from the antenna, or splitter, to feed it. I'm not sure if you can watch 2 OTA channels on each Hopper, but you definitely can watch 1 on each. You would be able to record from those OTA channels and watch those recordings on both Hoppers.
Being as close as I am to the towers, it would be cheaper to just add a second OTA, than to run the wire. Less stress as well. I saw one at Walmart for $10.

Reactions: AndyNicholas
I ordered two OTA modules before they installed my two HwS's. Had and will run OTA thought the boxes and my distribution system until they stop the physical use of OTA. I set recordings off OTA when I don't need to tie up a sat tuner. Works great. It's like having a 5th, but slightly restricted, tuner.

Thank you all for your input. I called dish after posting earlier. The tech guy said I was asking questions that have never been asked before but knowing what he knew about the equipment and how it works. He said yes, I should be able to use a 2nd ota adapter on the 2nd hopper as long as I used a splitter coming off of the antenna. I asked him to go ahead and ship another one to me. Bobby, thank you. Yes, I meant to say 1 ota channel per hopper. ChadT41, I live in a rural area, I think the closest antenna to me is 25 miles, then like 40. So I needed the big antenna that we installed. SandFarmer, I plan to do the same thing as you mentioned. Use and ota tuner when possible to leave the other dish tuners available. If this set up works, I'll have 8 tuners 2 of which are restricted to ota only.

Reactions: Bobby
Thank you all for your input. I called dish after posting earlier. The tech guy said I was asking questions that have never been asked before but knowing what he knew about the equipment and how it works. He said yes, I should be able to use a 2nd ota adapter on the 2nd hopper as long as I used a splitter coming off of the antenna. I asked him to go ahead and ship another one to me. Bobby, thank you. Yes, I meant to say 1 ota channel per hopper. ChadT41, I live in a rural area, I think the closest antenna to me is 25 miles, then like 40. So I needed the big antenna that we installed. SandFarmer, I plan to do the same thing as you mentioned. Use and ota tuner when possible to leave the other dish tuners available. If this set up works, I'll have 8 tuners 2 of which are restricted to ota only.
Yes you can use an OTA module on each Hopper. I just installed my own system and ran an antenna line to each Hopper. I would suggest using an amplifier instead of a splitter especially if you are in a fringe area. Something like this one. Amazon product ASIN B001EKCGT8 I am using the 8-port version.

Yes you can use an OTA module on each Hopper. I just installed my own system and ran an antenna line to each Hopper. I would suggest using an amplifier instead of a splitter especially if you are in a fringe area. Something like this one. Amazon product ASIN B001EKCGT8 I am using the 8-port version.
Thank you Voyager6. When I was a child I had always notice the picture quality was not great using a big antenna on multiple tvs but I never knew why. I am aware that technology has improved and we have switched to a digital signal. I was very surprised by how clear the picture came in after installation yesterday. I will order this booster you have recommended. I ran the coaxial cable through my apc surge protector. Does it matter which side of the surge protector I put the booster? I was planning to put the booster under the house, then run each coaxial through a surge protector near the hopper.

Thank you Voyager6. When I was a child I had always notice the picture quality was not great using a big antenna on multiple tvs but I never knew why. I am aware that technology has improved and we have switched to a digital signal. I was very surprised by how clear the picture came in after installation yesterday. I will order this booster you have recommended. I ran the coaxial cable through my apc surge protector. Does it matter which side of the surge protector I put the booster? I was planning to put the booster under the house, then run each coaxial through a surge protector near the hopper.
That should work fine. This amplifier uses a power inserter so you have to run an extra coax line from an inside (or protected) power outlet to the amp.