Prime time reboot...update?

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
H3 just rebooted at 6:35 PM CDT during the news. Daily reboot is usually at 1:00AM. Wonder what this was?

No "hot fixes" that I'm aware of requiring this update. How long since your install of the H3
About ten weeks. I have the off time set for 8 hours but my wife tells me it updates at 1 AM every night while she is watching. She puts up with it.

And, I do not know where the temperature report is.

About ten weeks. I have the off time set for 8 hours but my wife tells me it updates at 1 AM every night while she is watching. She puts up with it.

And, I do not know where the temperature report is.

1 am is the update time. Unfortunately, that update time isn't changeable. The 6:35 reboot is an odd time. Let us know if this unusual reboots continue please.

1 am is the update time. Unfortunately, that update time isn't changeable. The 6:35 reboot is an odd time. Let us know if this unusual reboots continue please.
I thought the H3 was NOT supposed to reboot at 1AM while I'm watching TV AND recording program(s)?? And absolutely NO warning whatsoever - screen just goes dark in the middle of a program that I was watching. I feel like this equipment that I'm paying for is being taken hostage by DISH (again).... and for the record, all of my boxes have been shut down overnight with no recordings for at least the past couple of nights.

Is that happening every day or once every 3 days?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Is that happening every day or once every 3 days?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

For me it happens weekly at 1 AM Friday and cuts the Thursday Late Late Show with James Corden in half. I have the inactivity timer set to 4 hours but it never goes to standby on its own. I manually put it into standby every morning ~6 AM for guide download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)