Probably a dumb question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crocodile Locke

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest Pennsylvania
I'm not exactly new to FTA, since I've had my system running for just about two years, but I'm certainly no expert. Before I ask my question I'd like to thank everyone here:bow. Back when I setup my system I consulted many online sources of information and I invariably found myself reading posts here to find the answer to whatever problem I had.

It isn't really much of a problem I have, I'm just curious why things are working like they are. After we lost all the Equity stations on G18 I was pretty :censored: like so many others, but the loss of ABC especially bothered me. After that I noticed that KTWO was still showing up on channel lists. I did a blind scan to no avail. I directly entered the channel info into my Coolsat 7000 and it would show that I had found a channel, yet when the menu closed the channel was nowhere to be seen. My dish setup is a 36" Fortec Star with a SG2100 motor and Invacom QPH-031 LNB so I had my receiver LNB type setup for "Single" in the Dish Setting menu. Just for the hell of it I changed it to "Universal" and scanned again. Lo and behold I got my missing ABC plus the new Daystar :)rolleyes:whoopee!) and some other stuff I could care less about.

Now I always understood that the QPH-031 was a standard or single (for my Coolsat) LNB. So why wouldn't I pickup these channels on the single setting and then be able to get them on the universal setting? With any luck this isn't too dumb of a question to ask for my first post.

funkypc

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 29, 2008
North America
I think you probably need to delete all the transponders from that Sat, and blind scan them again. That will likely get the channels.

Likely, the transponders already listed in your receiver are 'corrupt' or at least confused and won't scan the channels in. If you delete them and blind scan it should fix it.
When you set the LO to Universal it added new transponders that weren't confused (but they are showing at the wrong frequency because the LO is incorrect.)

Crocodile Locke

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest Pennsylvania
Ah, that makes sense. I'm going to have to try that. I guess I came to the right place for an answer :up. Thanks much funkypc and lak7. Now if we could just make all the other channels that were on G18 reappear. :D

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
Sometimes when there is an existing transponder entry close to what you are trying to get, it will confuse the process.

As stated, you can erase the "other" TP entry and this will clear things up.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 2, 2006
la
I did the same thing, changed my LNB to universal and picked up new stuff (no ABC) I didn't get using 10750 freq. :confused: Went to a couple of other satellites and the same thing happened. Grief, do I now have to rescan everything.

When I scanned in Daystar they were giving away for a love gift of $50+shipping & handling, a prayer cloth to protect you from H1N1 flu. Pastor Ron has personally prayed on it with mystic oil from Israel. You drape this thing over your head and arms, it's large enough. Wave your arms up and down to scare the devil away. Speaking in tongues helps. The person demonstrating it looked like Casper the Holy Ghost with Tourette Syndrome. I can't wait to get mine so I can scare the crap out of my backsliding neighbors! :angel:

Last edited:

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
I did the same thing, changed my LNB to universal and picked up new stuff (no ABC) I didn't get using 10750 freq. :confused: Went to a couple of other satellites and the same thing happened. Grief, do I now have to rescan everything.

When I scanned in Daystar they were giving away for a love gift of $50+shipping & handling, a prayer cloth to protect you from H1N1 flu. Pastor Ron has personally prayed on it with mystic oil from Israel. You drape this thing over your head and arms, it's large enough. Wave your arms up and down to scare the devil away. Speaking in tongues helps. The person demonstrating it looked like Casper the Holy Ghost with Tourette Syndrome. I can't wait to get mine so I can scare the crap out of my backsliding neighbors! :angel:

LMAO I feel that way sometimes too. Great description :D

Crocodile Locke

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest Pennsylvania

That's so bad it's good! "Casper the Holy Ghost" had me :haha MAO.

As far a KTWO is concerned :river I hate to admit it, but I think it's my fault that it's gone. You see I just managed to find it the day I started this thread and then poof! The next day it's gone. My theory is that some unseen evil force has it in for me. Who knows, maybe Pastor Ron will start selling a prayer cloth that prevents FTA channels from disappearing? :deal:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts