Problem after "moving"

josh0207

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 28, 2011
I moved to a diffrent location and after i had my service address changed my locals did not change. i still have the locals of my old service address. i checked the spotbeam maps and im in the spot beam but im on the edge so i checked the signal on the transponder of the new local channels. i have about 20 signal strength. Is that enough and why didnt my locals change. What should i do ?

I had the same issue after I did this. All I had to do was contact DISH support again online, and have them resend the locals to my receiver. It then updated about 10 minutes later with the correct locals. Kind of a pain, but it took care of the issue.

i did contact them on the phone and the csr started asking questions and said i should be getting the new locals and then transfered me to the tech support dept so i hung up because i didnt want them to get suspicious. Is the a way to refresh my receiver with out contacting a csr?

Try doing an online TECH chat and get them to change your locals. Tell them that you are getting your old local channel numbers but black screens (because you are no longer under the spotbeam for that city) and you should be getting the new city locals. Tell them to do a re -hit and authorize the new locals. They should comply and within 15 minutes they should come on. You might also have to do a power plug reboot and or a check switch run to get the new locals to come on. But wait at least 15 minutes first and see if they come on.

I did a tech chat and they refreshed my receiver and had me unplugge it and it never worked still getting old locals. I have no idea whats going on. Im on the edge of the spotbeam and am getting about 22 signal strength on the transponder the locals are on. what should i do now. I dont want to contact them anymore. Do you think 22 signal strength is high enough to get the locals im looking for.

22 should work until it rains. ;) I don't think the low SS is the problem. Getting your receiver correctly authorized is the problem.

BTW - you didn't tell us your zip, nor what DMA you're trying to get, nor whether the channels are HD or SD, nor what satellites you are viewing.

IF you are getting as low as 22 on your locals , you will not be able to depend on them at all in rain. Any time I have "moved" I have made sure that the locals I will get is at least 45 in strength or it isn't dependable .

Im in southcentral pa and trying to get the buffalo ny locals that are on sat 110 transponder 27 spotbeam 9. now i have about 28 signal strenght like you guys mentioned i think they are not autherized on my account right but i contacted dish 3 times now and still no luck. Is their a way to reautherize my recieiver without talking to a csr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)