Problem with 211K and remote

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
I have a small problem with the 211k and my Remote. When I first turn the receiver on, the remote won't work for 2-3 minutes. I can change the channel at the box, but not with the remote. After that it works fine. It doesn't happen every time, but I would have to say at least 80%.

Two things come to mind.. weak batteries, or signal problems from the TV (or CFL's) ... what kind of TV are you using, and have you recently changed any bulbs to CFL's?

Uncle Google is littered with examples:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lcd+tv+interference+with+remote&rlz=1I7SUNA_en

And so also, is Saté burdened with highlights
http://www.satelliteguys.us/search.php?searchid=551759
(SG Search terms if the search "ID" doesn't hold: LCD, Interference, remote)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-vip222-remote-interference-cfl-lighting.html

Thanks for the info. I have a Sharp LCD T.V. I guess I should feel lucky that the problem only last for a couple of minutes when I first turn everything on. It seems to be a real problem for some people after reading those links you provided. I will try a fresh set of batteries in the remote also, to see if this helps.

The problem usually stems from LCD auto back-light/black controls. Try turning them off.

have you tried being closer to the box when you use the remote? I would hope that the closer you get the more responsive ... which I presume should give a better indication that the problem is interference... Also moving the box if possible ...

I didn't go any further into reading the links (other than the basic problem, though one person tried putting incandescent bulbs into a light fixture near the problem, and they saw that was the cause) ... but thoughts would be to try to mitegate or prove the issue.. light (physical) may be blocked by a piece of cardboard creating a "visor" for the receiver ... either above or below it.. or a metal sheet if more than just the visual (infrared) ... just for testing.. have a cookie/baking sheet in the house? ... just thoughts.. no hard sciences thought to it..

have you tried being closer to the box when you use the remote? I would hope that the closer you get the more responsive ... which I presume should give a better indication that the problem is interference... Also moving the box if possible ...

I didn't go any further into reading the links (other than the basic problem, though one person tried putting incandescent bulbs into a light fixture near the problem, and they saw that was the cause) ... but thoughts would be to try to mitegate or prove the issue.. light (physical) may be blocked by a piece of cardboard creating a "visor" for the receiver ... either above or below it.. or a metal sheet if more than just the visual (infrared) ... just for testing.. have a cookie/baking sheet in the house? ... just thoughts.. no hard sciences thought to it..

Read KAB's post. It a know issue that doesn't seem to be fixable. I have nothing but CFL's through out the house with no problems but I don't have a LCD w/ back lighting.

Thanks for the help. It's the LCD T.V. I tried shutting the T.V. off to change the channel on startup and it works fine. Like I said, I guess I am lucky because the problem only last a minute or two upon startup, and then everything works fine. I will just start the box first, and hit the channel I want to be on, before turning on the T.V.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)