Problem with PrimeTime Recording

tsimm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
I have 2 Hoppers.

Recently,both have ceased recording PrimeTime programs.

I know that a couple of local stations have been discontinued,(ABC, FOX) but NBC and CBS are still

available,and show the PT banner on the Guide, but they will not record on PrimeTime.

The DVR defaults are set to Re-Runs and New,and PT is ON.

This occurs on both Hoppers.

Complete power down (Unplugged for 5 minutes) does not help.

Reset does not help.

Thanks in advance for all help on this matter,and your time and effort is sincerely appreciated.

Menu\Settings\DVR Defaults\PTAT\PTAT Setup. Uncheck the networks that have been discontinued. That has been reported as the fix elsewhere here on Satelliteguys. Please let us know if it works in your case.

Reactions: bhawley
Menu\Settings\DVR Defaults\PTAT\PTAT Setup. Uncheck the networks that have been discontinued. That has been reported as the fix elsewhere here on Satelliteguys. Please let us know if it works in your case.

THANKS! That solved the issue!

Works properly now.

Dish Tech Support could not solve this problem.

(Take that for what it is worth.)

Another question about OTA reception:

Can I use a USB tuner adapter to record OTA programs on the existing Hopper Hard Drive?

Can they be recorded to an External Hard Drive?

I know dish offers a Tuner Module,but do they charge a monthly fee for using it?

As always,I sincerely appreciate the time and efforts of everyone.

Works properly now.

Can I use a USB tuner adapter to record OTA programs on the existing Hopper Hard Drive?

Yes. Dish has the only one you can use.

No. They can be transferred.

I know dish offers a Tuner Module,but do they charge a monthly fee for using it?

No. One time purchase of $30.

See comments above.

Works properly now.

Yes, for the most part. Some sub-channels do not have programming data that is required to easily set for recording. These channels will need to have a manual record to get it to record the program. Otherwise it is transparent, you set your OTA recording exactly like you do all the other channels.

Not directly, but once they are recorded you can transfer them to an EHD, just like all the rest of your channels.

Once you buy the module it is free to use. There is no monthly fee.....

Works properly now.

You're welcome. Satelliteguys rules!

Yes, you can add an OTA module to the Hopper and record shows to the Hopper hard drive which can then be transferred to the EHD. There is no monthly fee for the OTA tuner.

Satelliteguys does indeed rule! I had the same problem with PT not recording and it was because I lost Fox due to a carriage dispute, so I had to uncheck that box. I came here to search for a solution and there it was on the first page. It is weird that the software wouldn't allow for that especially since the little yellow "pt" boxes were still showing up in the guide. Thanks again Satguys for the solution.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts