Problems getting VCY on 4044 H tp 17, SES 2 87.0°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
It looks like to me the entire transponder on 4044 H tp 17, SES 2 87.0°W has gone down in
the morning hours, and comes back in the after noon or evening hours.

I have noticed this about 3 days last week.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I would blame my c-band set up, except I have been getting a good signal on ZNS Bahamas.

Is it the transponder going down, or is it problems with my c-band system.

My c-band dish is locked down on SES 2 87.0°W. Does not use a motor.

My polarizer is not connected to anything.

So what is going on here?

I'll be busy tomorrow morning, but I will try and remember to try it here on Monday morning.

It looks like to me the entire transponder on 4044 H tp 17, SES 2 87.0°W has gone down in

I have noticed this about 3 days last week.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I would blame my c-band set up, except I have been getting a good signal on ZNS Bahamas.

I live a good 5-6 hours away from you, and I was getting the 4000 TP pretty well up until late last year; I haven't had a signal since. I did enjoy watching the RTV Channel out of my wife's hometown of Lynchburg, VA often times. I have long heard that this TP has always been a problem, without really knowing why. I was thinking it was my dish alignment too, but there are two other TP's off that satellite that come in well enough to rule that out. It's as if the Signal Power or Footprint for the 4000 TP keeps changing frequently, the others are fine. I just installed two Norsat 3420 C-Band LNB's in March, the 4000 frequency comes in during the blind scan, but no signal to bring in any channels for my 1.2M dish. :-(

Sunday, May 1, 1:00PM Central - Sunny & Seventy, No wind.
It's totally gone here. Not a hint of signal.
Everything else on the sat appears to have normal signal.

Nothing for me either, the other channels still come in ok despite the big rain clouds moving in. I tried to manually enter a few channels on 4000 TP, but no luck. Will have to try another time later.

So what is going on here?

Hey Lassar, looks like I missunderstood/misread your initial post. I kept thinking you were talking about the 4000 TP channels that I still can't get on 87W, sorry about that. :-/
You originally mentioned the 4044 H TP going down or being intermittent at times. Actually that is correct, the uplink facility is no longer going to be broadcasting on the 4044 TP any longer. I would guess it's been intermittent at certain times of the day for certain stations needing important feeds, until they make the change I would guess.

The new frequency for VCY is: 3833 H 4710. Try that and see if it comes in for you. I finally managed to get it to barely blind scan in, but no signal at all; probably due to weather or clouds. I will try again later. Hope the new frequency works for you! :)

Correction, I had to turn my C-Band dish a little more to the west to get the signal to come in. I got it working now! :) This is the new frequency that's replacing the 4044 H TP.

Attachments

• 1462162656977.jpg
    1462162656977.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 157
Just scanned 3833/H/4710 here at 7 am.Strong signal.One channel with 19 Audio sub channels. (LinkBox 9000i)
4044/H was nothing.

Not much interested in Sat Radio but thought I would test it.

Just scanned 3833/H/4710 here at 7 am.Strong signal.One channel with 19 Audio sub channels. (LinkBox 9000i)
4044/H was nothing.

Not much interested in Sat Radio but thought I would test it.

That's the one! 4044 TP just moved over to 3833. I sometimes might listen to it, USA Radio News reminds me of the Christian radio station days of the 1990's.
I used to air USA Radio news as well as other programs from Salem Broadcasting off the analog satellite back in the day! :)

Last edited:
Please disregard this.
I should have read which transponder the thread is about.
I am working 4000 H for RTV.
Getting it now BUT week and need to move to 10' dish.
Thanks

Working now on a X2 receiver BUT not the one from RTV. Need to move to a 10' dish. Now on a 7.5' disk.

Could some one scan these channels in, and send me the list.

My glorystar reciever just can't blind scan this transponder.

Please disregard this.
I should have read which transponder the thread is about.
I am working 4000 H for RTV.
Getting it now BUT week and need to move to 10' dish.
Thanks

I live in NY and have no problem with the 4000H TP for the Luken channels on 87W with a fixed 6' dish. This past weekend I repointed that dish to 83W with the same coordinates and the signal is even stronger. Easier than getting a larger dish if nothing obstructs your view.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)