Problems with HD from ViP211k

You've got something wrong, either connection wise or in your head.

Yeah I think we established there is a clearly a head connection problem but in terms of the receiver there is another problem going on.

Im pretty sure my 622 and 722 both output HD the last 2 years I've had them, along with everyone else on the site with a Vip receiver. I didnt noticed any difference with the TurboHD software along with 90% of everyone else here.

If your not getting HD then something is wrong and its not software. It has to be

1. Incorrect receiver display settings
2. Bad receiver
3. Bad HD connection
3. Incorrect HDTV settings
4. Bad HDTV - If you even have a HD set which im starting to question..

Since you wont check your settings and continue to babble on about the software there is no reason to think you may pull your head out and listen. Either go check whats going with your display settings or call up and cancel service. If you dont want to fix the problem and refuse all help then quit posting and do us all a favor.

I have a Sony HDTV on the way maybe it will look a lot better with that and I think I'm just going to stay with what I have because Dish Network is the best. Thanks for everyones help I appreciate it. Maybe I'll work on getting a VIP612 if I can get a decent deal on it.

It's on 1080i and I'm using a JVC 26" LCD TV.

On a 26" TV it is going to be very hard to tell the difference between 480I, 720P, and 1080I, but you should be able to tell the difference when you switch back and forth between the SD version of a channel and the HD version of that same channel, If you can't, then you are not watching the correct inputs.

With Dish 622 do I need an OTA antenna?

OTA HD Recorder W/O Contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts