Problems with Scart video Outputs in Openbox HD S9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
I have one Openbox HDS9. I have using the scart video output through attaching one dongle video conversion (scart to S video & composite video) to get video and audio signal to record on my VCR. This conection have worked since one year ago very fine but this weekend I have disconnected everything to use my receiver to readjust the antenna outside and when I put back everything all cables and dongle I have not video from both outputs Scart video (Tv & VCR). I have moved the switches and Menu settings (RGB) and nothing. I don’t know if my receiver (scart outputs) got damage or maybe the dongle does not work anymore. I think that probably nobody is using this outputs but I am asking anyway if anybody else with this issues about scart video outputs in Openbox receiver. The others video and audio Outputs are working very well
thanks in advance
This is the dongle
mGdJqfm18Ak_HHeUCQVwexA.jpg

Last edited:
About all you can do is go directly to the scart connector pin for video/audio to see if the signal is there. Or check the adapter for continuity.
scart diagram [google]

Check to make sure all the SCART pins are in position. Sometimes they used to get pushed into the body of the plug, especially if you'd had it apart, so there wasn't a good connection.

Luckily, they are usually super easy to take apart and put right.

Doesn't the S9 have S-video built in? (I forget its been so long) so you wouldn't need that adapter?

Doesn't the S9 have S-video built in? (I forget its been so long) so you wouldn't need that adapter?

No. it does not S-Video outputs on Openbox S9...
this "cheaper" dongle work fine for Composite video Only but not for S-Video for any reason, long time ago I have investigate why? and I found that is something realated about the "color conversion or something like that"..If this "cheaper dongle" does not work anymore Maybe I will look something more sofisticated to convert Scart video to S-Video

I just bought another dongle "Scart to Video composite and S-Video" and it works;)I got one "Belkin" brand..
So my conclusion is that the last cheaper dongle "died in short time. I do not why??:confused:
So the receiver scart outputs are fine and works with the new Belkin dongle through composite audio video outputs because S-Video still does not work..:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts