navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
See this link:

An update to the PS3 system software was released on December 18, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.10 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.10, you will need a minimum 120Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:

* Voice Changer

* Music

* Video: DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added

* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported.

* [BD Data Utility] has been added.

On edit:

I notice I'm only getting 404 at that (UK) site now. I wonder if they took it down, since it's dated the 18th and it's still the 17th in the U.S.? Glad I kept a page copy.

Last edited:
I'm sure starting tomorrow, the Sony servers will be overloaded for a few days.

With those interactive-capable releases coming in January, most PS3 owners should have the firmware installed beforehand, so there's no waiting once one of those movies are in hand.

I wonder how long before other players get their 1.1 firmware updates? And when the 2.0 Daewoo hits the streets? I suspect Sony won't turn on the 2.0 for the PS3 until after the Daewoo or some other 2.0 players hit the streets.

Just think- as of tomorrow, there will be more interactive Blu-ray players in people's homes than there are HD DVD players, period.

Woo, divx support like they promised :)

Profile 1.1 I really could care less about, but where is DTS-MA decoding? :)

I admire your optimism. You really think you'll be able to complete such a major update on the first day it's out? :p ;)

Oh what the heck, it won't hurt me to try!

I repeat: no format-war discussions in this forum! Guys, you have an entire forum just for that. Keep it there, please!
Off-topic posts deleted.

wow, that was fast, 2 PS3's updated and time to play a bit

Noticed they appear to have added Dynamic Range control in BD/DVD settings.

Divx files play well through wi-fi and wired network.

I have no clue what the music setting is they changed.

Moving on with this thread, I am planning to start downloading the new update for my PS3 around 10pm which is in 13 mins, I believe in the US the updates are released based on ET.
This should be interesting, and I and very excited about the Voice changer, thats something new that I have never heard of, I bet its going to be something cool and the profile 1.1.

Last edited:
Version 1.1 comes to PS3.

I do'nt have broadband internet. How can I receive a update disc from PS3 people.

Just downloaded 2.1 at 12:30AM. Took about 15 minutes and it was done. Seems these new updates keep getting faster and faster.

FWIW, I just saw a TV ad for PS3 that was just a bunch of clips of BD movies (all exclusives, I think) and a mention of playing Blu-Ray movies on the PS3 at the end. I've seen PS3 ads touch on BD before, but this is the first one I've seen totally devoted to promoting BD.... about time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)