Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nov-01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
SC
Morning y'all!

I recently (finally) acquired another Dish and Receiver to install up in the 'barn/shack" (Dish, LNB, Sat Finder Meter, and Sonset box for $34). The primary use for this system is to feed my Ramsey FM Transmitter-until I can afford a true part15 AM Transmitter.
Last week I was able to listen to Brian and Micheal do the Sat Guys show-on my FM down here in the house!
So here's what I'm needing and hoping to do-
I don't want to listen to just 1 station feed all day. I bought a dual LNB on a black friday sale as listed here to get me a multi-feed signal into the barn, and have a spare X2 box I can use.
The part I can't find or even know if they make...is a Component Switch (RCA for the audio feeds) that is programmable to switch from one feed (Box1) to another (Box2) on timed increments.
I know I can do this with Radio Station Automation software and such, but I need a LOW cost option right Now!
Any ideas? Am I pipe dreaming?
After listening to the last episode of Sat Guys featuring the family that has 32 Dishes in their yard and run a TV/Radio station I was inspired to get my little LP Station running :)

One receiver, set the timers? My S9 is selectable to Record or just Play.
Although, I've found it necessary to reset the clock every 3 or 4 days for recordings.
Newer receiver?? may have better clocks.

Assuming that receiver powers up to last channel used and that you are not wanting to tune different channels, just the two you last used. Why not consider building a setup that switches the power off from one receiver and on to the other one. As for the timing, you could even possibly use a couple of modded electric clocks to trigger the relay(s). Or, maybe use a Raspberry Pi and code it to do the switching. These are my random thoughts after reading your post. You could even do it without mechanical relays.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE WAS WRITTEN WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ELECTRICITY AND CIRCUITS. IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS DOES NOT HAVE THAT EXPERTISE, THEN SEEK HELP TO BUILD SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND GET A COMPETENT PARTY TO CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU TRY USING IT.

Figured I had better insert the above. Most people know and respect their limits, but there are the few.

After writing all the above, my SLOW light came on. You could even do it on the DC side, which would be safer.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)