PS3 vs. 360?

Here's my take on it. I have 2 360s. Never really cared for Sony as a company. I also have an orginal xbox. For me the deciding factor was Xbox Live. All my friends have 360s. But, that 33% failure rate is in the back on my mind. I just sent one of my 360s off to get repaired. We'll see how long it lasts. I may end of sellng it when I get it back and buy a PS3.

Here's something I'm curious about (yes, I'm really curious - this isn't a cloaked MS bash) - how do they figure that failure rate? Is it the number of consumers whose 360's have failed? Does it somehow take into account people who've had multiple units fail and/or the same unit fail multiple times?

Here's something I'm curious about (yes, I'm really curious - this isn't a cloaked MS bash) - how do they figure that failure rate? Is it the number of consumers whose 360's have failed? Does it somehow take into account people who've had multiple units fail and/or the same unit fail multiple times?

That number is from a third party study that estimated that figure, and is several months old at best. It's about as relevant as bringing up the Sony rootkit stuff, fanboy fodder for the most part. Buying a used 2005/early-mid 2006 360 is about as wise as buying the first year or two's worth of PS2s today, you're going to have problems and/or they will just fail.

That number is from a third party study that estimated that figure, and is several months old at best. It's about as relevant as bringing up the Sony rootkit stuff, fanboy fodder for the most part. Buying a used 2005/early-mid 2006 360 is about as wise as buying the first year or two's worth of PS2s today, you're going to have problems and/or they will just fail.

The 30% is a guess, based on what I've read and heard. What does M$ say? 1%? It's much higher than 1%. I'm not here pushing either console. I want something in the house that won't be out for repair every 6 months. Looks like that's a PS3, unless M$ fixes their problems. BTW, this is my 2nd 360 console that failed. Other one failed within 8hrs of buying it. M$ has a serious problem, IMO. I never had a PS2. Did they fail as much as the 360s?

As soon as I walked into the local UPS store , he knew exactly what was in the box. "Looks like another broken 360"

lol, show us an article with MS saying 1%, that's absurd to use even as a facetious example. MS set aside $1b to fix this problem, Sony had to be sued over the PS2 problems. Over a dozen RL friends with 360s, those with the older models had to have them replaced, including mine twice. I have a newer box, different heat sink, just like those sold in stores. The issue is resolved. Failure rates are probably similar now, but there will never be data to support either way.

I never had a PS2. Did they fail as much as the 360s?

Can't say for sure because I didn't have one of the really early ones, but I did have one of the older (bigger) body models that was probably 5 or 6 years old when I got rid of it - never had any problems with it.

My bad. Looks like MS may have stated ~5%, according to a couple of websites. I think we can agree it's much higher than that. I'm sticking to my 30% guess. Anyway, back to the original topic. Looks like you got pros and cons for each console. I'd make sure you factor in the current failures on the 360. Only time will tell if they really solved the issue.

60 player online RFoM2! The servers will be hosted by Insomniac in their Datacenters, that means no lag :)
It should be a fun game.

60 player online RFoM2! The servers will be hosted by Insomniac in their Datacenters, that means no lag :)
It should be a fun game.

I just want to thank everyone for their opinions. I will be getting a PS3 after I browse the games available. A special thank you to the person that told me that monoprice.com had a HDMI splitter thing. I like my computer hooked up to HDMI because I can play the PC games at what looks like an HD level. They are awesome.

I just want to thank everyone for their opinions. I will be getting a PS3 after I browse the games available. A special thank you to the person that told me that monoprice.com had a HDMI splitter thing. I like my computer hooked up to HDMI because I can play the PC games at what looks like an HD level. They are awesome.

No prob man ! have fun gaming :) I love my cheap HDMI switch does the job perfectly.

No prob man ! have fun gaming :) I love my cheap HDMI switch does the job perfectly.

I bought 3 HDMI cables from them for 25$, probably little less than that, but they work good and there is no difference between them and 99$ monster cables..

I bought 3 HDMI cables from them for 25$, probably little less than that, but they work good and there is no difference between them and 99$ monster cables..

I discovered monoprice a few years ago when I got my first HDTV at CC. How course they wanted me to buy a $100 plus monster cable to go with it. I'm sorry no way would a pay that for a simple cable. I bought one at Target for 15.00 and it is has worked well ever since.:)

I discovered monoprice a few years ago when I got my first HDTV at CC. How course they wanted me to buy a $100 plus monster cable to go with it. I'm sorry no way would a pay that for a simple cable. I bought one at Target for 15.00 and it is has worked well ever since.:)

Monster cables are just overpriced and thats about it.
There is no difference between a non branded shoe and a Nike...other than the brand name..and same thing goes for Monster cables and other cables.

Monoprice Rules! I am an engineer, who occasionally designs cable assemblies for my products. And I can say with 100% certainty that the monoprice stuff will perform a good as any monstercable snake-oil bullcrap.

Enjoy it! (and yes, I would have said that if he decided to get a 360 :D)

Take a look at Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - one of the best games I've ever played... Ratchet & Clank Future is also fun, although admittedly a little "immature" compared to Uncharted and some of the other games out there.

Take a look at Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - one of the best games I've ever played... Ratchet & Clank Future is also fun, although admittedly a little "immature" compared to Uncharted and some of the other games out there.

+1

I just beat Uncharted on the easy level last night. As a new gamer, it's the first game I ever finished and I can't wait to play it again! Graphics are immersive, voice acting and dialogue is good for a game (not too cliche or cheesy), physics, body movements, and facial expression are relatively realistic, variety of tasks/environments/combat is amazing, and the story is engaging with a few twists. A must buy!

I second that, Drakes fortune is one of the best games ive played also. Can anyone say Uncharted 2, or Resistance 2. Actually ive been reading the resistance 2 is one of the most anticipated games of all time. I cant wait. If we could only fathom what the ps3 has in store 2-3 years from now.

I second that, Drakes fortune is one of the best games ive played also. Can anyone say Uncharted 2, or Resistance 2. Actually ive been reading the resistance 2 is one of the most anticipated games of all time. I cant wait. If we could only fathom what the ps3 has in store 2-3 years from now.

It deserves a midnight release..it will sell very well.

What type of game is Drake's? RPG?

Action/Adventure, the game it self is stunning, I just haven't seen a game looking this good out there.
Best graphics, great cinematic clips, and well done characters.
I would rank this game top 3 along Halo 3, DMC4. It probably has way better graphics than those 2 games too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts