PS4 Owners Thread

From Naughty Dog's blog at the time of the E3 demo:

"All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights."

This video pretty much sums up my feelings about this gen so far:

8IF06MZ.jpg

I received my PS4 Saturday but I wasn't able to hook it up until Tuesday. It seemed like the initial setup was pretty quick compared to past systems. The only game I have for it right now is Madden 15 and I really enjoyed it from the limited play time I had. It's a major change from playing NCAA football all the time. I'm getting COD:AW for Christmas so I plan on getting a Plus membership soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: yourbeliefs
I received my PS4 Saturday but I wasn't able to hook it up until Tuesday. It seemed like the initial setup was pretty quick compared to past systems. The only game I have for it right now is Madden 15 and I really enjoyed it from the limited pay time I had. It's a major change from playing NCAA football all the time. I'm getting COD:AW for Christmas so I plan on getting a Plus membership soon.

I assume by "pay time" you're referring to the Madden Ultimate Team mode. ;)

In preparation for my PS4 arriving tomorrow, I took an inventory and discovered I'll have 30+ PS4 games ready to download and fire up thanks to PS Plus, cross-buys, and the bundle itself, though about a third of them are games I've played on another system. I actually made a list this morning because I simply lost track of what I had accumulated over the past year. In fact, I had completely forgotten that only a couple weekends ago, I added Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare when EA was offering it for free during the PS Experience event.

Now I have about 24 hours to get through my entire PS3 and Vita backlog, which includes the GOTY version of Skyrim that arrived the other day and is still wrapped in plastic. lol

In preparation for my PS4 arriving tomorrow, I took an inventory and discovered I'll have 30+ PS4 games ready to download and fire up thanks to PS Plus, cross-buys, and the bundle itself, though about a third of them are games I've played on another system. I actually made a list this morning because I simply lost track of what I had accumulated over the past year. In fact, I had completely forgotten that only a couple weekends ago, I added Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare when EA was offering it for free during the PS Experience event.

Now I have about 24 hours to get through my entire PS3 and Vita backlog, which includes the GOTY version of Skyrim that arrived the other day and is still wrapped in plastic. lol
All you need is Five 5 Hour Energy drinks and this playing on loop in the background.

I still haven't disconnected my PS3. Before the Fall rush of new games I would occasionally fire it up to play some PS Plus games or other stuff in my backlog. It's not getting disconnected until I finally play through Uncharted 2 and 3 unless a PS4 collection gets announced before then. I also want to get to Deus Ex at some point but I'm not sure if that is still going to happen.

I'm shallow and can't go back to old games. My PS3 has only been turned on accidentally (toddler messing w/ it) since being moved to the bedroom when we got the PS4. It's got a year+ of dust on it.

Only regret is not selling it, thought I'd want to keep it for PS+ reasons. If it wasn't considered damaged goods by Best Buy / Gamestop / etc because I put a 1TB HDD in it I'd probably dump it off during one of their trade in promotions.

I sold my PS3 to get my PS4. $150 off was too good of a deal to pass on. The only things stopping me from selling my 360 are my music and dancing games. I plan on selling all my 360 games today towards CoD: AW. Given how old they are and the little return on them, I'd be surprised to get $10 from them.

All you need is Five 5 Hour Energy drinks and this playing on loop in the background.

I'm totally pumped now! I may actually manage to get through the Skyrim character creation process tonight! lol

I still haven't disconnected my PS3. Before the Fall rush of new games I would occasionally fire it up to play some PS Plus games or other stuff in my backlog. It's not getting disconnected until I finally play through Uncharted 2 and 3 unless a PS4 collection gets announced before then. I also want to get to Deus Ex at some point but I'm not sure if that is still going to happen.

I'll definitely be keeping my PS3 connected for the foreseeable future (after I find a place to put it). I'm wrapping up the Dishonored DLC this week and hope to give Skyrim a good 100+ hours of my undivided attention after the novelty of playing a few PS4 games wears off. I could've gone several more months on just my highest priorities for the PS3, but I was concerned that by the time I was ready for a PS4, the deals would be much weaker, if not non-existent.

By the way, Deus Ex is available on PS Now -- that is, if money is no object.

I'm shallow and can't go back to old games.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of and why I hesitated so long in getting a current-gen console as long as I still had PS3 games I truly wanted to play. Part of the reason I bought Skyrim recently was because I was in the mood for an epic fantasy RPG with all the hype surrounding the new Dragon Age, but I just couldn't talk myself into playing an older game with poorer graphics like Demon Souls or Dragon Age Origins, which I already own, as good as those games may be.

I'm totally pumped now! I may actually manage to get through the Skyrim character creation process tonight! lol

I'll definitely be keeping my PS3 connected for the foreseeable future (after I find a place to put it). I'm wrapping up the Dishonored DLC this week and hope to give Skyrim a good 100+ hours of my undivided attention after the novelty of playing a few PS4 games wears off. I could've gone several more months on just my highest priorities for the PS3, but I was concerned that by the time I was ready for a PS4, the deals would be much weaker, if not non-existent.

By the way, Deus Ex is available on PS Now -- that is, if money is no object.

I got it for free from PS Plus. That is the only reason I haven't taken advantage of the $5-$7 prices I've seen it for on PC.

If you want Tetris Ultimate on the PS4 and you have a lot of PSN friends, you may want to hold off...

Seriously though.. this is TETRIS...

Also, why is Ubisoft publishing this game? Last I checked EA had it. I guess they just had the rights to the mobile version.

I got it for free from PS Plus. That is the only reason I haven't taken advantage of the $5-$7 prices I've seen it for on PC.

I had totally forgotten about that. One of the many games I bought during a good sale just a few months before it was offered free -- though I definitely don't regret buying Deux Ex as I also grabbed the very excellent story expansion DLC for half off at the time as well.

My Amazon PS4 bundle just got a little sweeter. The email I was sent with the code for the pick one of four games had two 12-digit codes. At first I thought the PS4 was just going to a longer code format or this was something particular to this deal since you have to go to a special URL to redeem and pick your game from the four. When I went to the URL, I could only enter one 12-digit code. So not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I entered the second code as well. Now I've got both Far Cry 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3 downloading onto my PS4. Now what to do with this second TLOU code I got as well?

Here's my theory on what happened: My PS4 bundle purchase, which included the camera, was treated by Amazon as two separate transactions (shipped and billed separately), thereby generating two sets of codes for each game. I say this because another email I received told me I also got 300 coins for Amazon's app store as part of my bundle purchase. But when I went into the Amazon app store app, I saw I had 600 coins (I had zero before). And indeed, when I looked up that area of my Amazon account, two separate transactions for 300 coins were made on the same day (the day of the bundle purchase).

EDIT: Sweeter still. I'm seeing the LBP3 code includes all the LBP3 pre-order costumes, including the Dragon Age Inquisition set.

My Amazon PS4 bundle just got a little sweeter. The email I was sent with the code for the pick one of four games had two 12-digit codes. At first I thought the PS4 was just going to a longer code format or this was something particular to this deal since you have to go to a special URL to redeem and pick your game from the four. When I went to the URL, I could only enter one 12-digit code. So not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I entered the second code as well. Now I've got both Far Cry 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3 downloading onto my PS4. Now what to do with this second TLOU code I got as well?

Here's my theory on what happened: My PS4 bundle purchase, which included the camera, was treated by Amazon as two separate transactions (shipped and billed separately), thereby generating two sets of codes for each game. I say this because another email I received told me I also got 300 coins for Amazon's app store as part of my bundle purchase. But when I went into the Amazon app store app, I saw I had 600 coins (I had zero before). And indeed, when I looked up that area of my Amazon account, two separate transactions for 300 coins were made on the same day (the day of the bundle purchase).

EDIT: Sweeter still. I'm seeing the LBP3 code includes all the LBP3 pre-order costumes, including the Dragon Age Inquisition set.

Wow! That is a good break. I'm sure there is some kind of market for that PS4 TLoU code. It's an amazing game and it looks like they did a decent job with the PS4 port.

If you don't get a better offer I would be willing to send you $10 for it. I've been watching the used prices on Gamefly and that's probably where I'll pull the trigger. I'm not sure I want to play the whole campaign again but I do want to play the included DLC. I heard it was very good.

Wow! That is a good break. I'm sure there is some kind of market for that PS4 TLoU code. It's an amazing game and it looks like they did a decent job with the PS4 port.

If you don't get a better offer I would be willing to send you $10 for it. I've been watching the used prices on Gamefly and that's probably where I'll pull the trigger. I'm not sure I want to play the whole campaign again but I do want to play the included DLC. I heard it was very good.

Sold! I'll PM you the code.

Facepalm thread

VR and AR on Facebook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)