PS4 Owners Thread

Downloading now.... Only 43GB to go!

After downloading FC4 and LBP3 today and five other Plus games last night, I decided I had better wait until my ISP data cap is reset next month before DL'ing TLOU since Tuesday was day 1 of my cap month and there's still a ways to go.

Hey! Maybe I wanted that code! Actually I didn't. In other news, Remote Play has come to all Android Devices. http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/12/non-sony-smartphones-get-ps4-remote-play-port/

I did think of you since you had posted the deal link, but seem to recall TLOU not exactly being on your GOTY list for 2013.

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that Xbox got The Interview before PSN did?

I was thinking the same thing every time Sony kept saying that they couldn't find any VOD providers willing to show this movie. They literally have their own VOD provider on Playstation and didn't choose to start the ball rolling by putting it out there.

I'm having friends over for pizza and beer Friday or Saturday to watch this on Xbox One.

aren't downloads only good through 12/31?

I haven't heard anything saying that. It's already available to buy for $14.99 in addition to the $5.99 rental price so I don't think they will be taking it down from VOD sites after a few days. I think it's here to stay.

Sony has the PSN as well as Crackle. The fact that Google and Microsoft got it first is nothing short of comical.

I plan on seeing this tomorrow with my wife. I do find it somewhat annoying that I need to "rent" it on Youtube through my computer, then turn on my game console to actually "watch" the damn thing. I suppose they do this to cut down on piracy (which, given how the torrent sites are, failed miserably.) Reviews have been mixed to say the least. The consensus seems to be either, "It's hilarious!" or "It's the biggest turd of the year" with little to no middle ground. Still, the fact that I'm getting it for cheaper than if I went to the movies and I get to watch it at my home definitely enhances the experience.

Sony has the PSN as well as Crackle. The fact that Google and Microsoft got it first is nothing short of comical.

I plan on seeing this tomorrow with my wife. I do find it somewhat annoying that I need to "rent" it on Youtube through my computer, then turn on my game console to actually "watch" the damn thing. I suppose they do this to cut down on piracy (which, given how the torrent sites are, failed miserably.) Reviews have been mixed to say the least. The consensus seems to be either, "It's hilarious!" or "It's the biggest turd of the year" with little to no middle ground. Still, the fact that I'm getting it for cheaper than if I went to the movies and I get to watch it at my home definitely enhances the experience.

I'm using Xbox Video. That seems like a more seamless solution since you can do it all from your Xbox One.

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that Xbox got The Interview before PSN did?

I was thinking the same thing every time Sony kept saying that they couldn't find any VOD providers willing to show this movie. They literally have their own VOD provider on Playstation and didn't choose to start the ball rolling by putting it out there.

I'm having friends over for pizza and beer Friday or Saturday to watch this on Xbox One.

I can't believe it either that 1) Sony never mentioned it's own Video Unlimited service as a prime outlet for showing the movie (a good way to generate publicity for their VoD); 2) It still isn't available on Video Unlimited.

According to a Kotaku article, Sony will be offering it at a later date to be determined...possibly after everyone who was highly motivated to watch it this week in response to the hype saw it through some other means.

Since my computer isn't hooked up to my TV and I'm not confident in the video/audio quality I'll get through the Playstation YouTube app, I'll hold out for it being released on Video Unlimited. But if Sony takes too long, I may lose interest.

On a side note, the only theater in San Diego showing The Interview is a 50-seater a few blocks from my house. Of course, it's totally sold out for the foreseeable future.

The Interview is finally available on Sony's Video Unlimited service. Now I just need to decide if I still care enough to pay actual $$ to watch it or if I should wait for it to show up on Netflix or Crackle.

EDIT: It's also available on Amazon VoD. (same pricing)

Playstation Now announces monthly service charges (as opposed to different prices for different times across different games.) $19.99 a month or $44.99 for 3 months (no yearly plan.)

Here's the list of games available

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574
Does that mean for the monthly price, you can play all the games in the list for an unlimited amount of time during the subscription? (ie, the fee per game is eliminated)?

Does that mean for the monthly price, you can play all the games in the list for an unlimited amount of time during the subscription? (ie, the fee per game is eliminated)?

Hard to say, all the PR simply says 100+ rather than something more inclusive like 'entire PS Now library'.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are exclusions, and really the 7 day trial will completely make or break the service when it launches as people either gain/lose faith in their ability to handle the load. People will either love or hate it with little in between.

$15/mo would have been a better sweet spot (perhaps for PS+ subs) and a $99 annual cost would have been tempting if the trial goes well. This was never going to be cheap though, games are far from free to stream due both a royalties/rights and bandwidth.

Hard to say, all the PR simply says 100+ rather than something more inclusive like 'entire PS Now library'.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are exclusions, and really the 7 day trial will completely make or break the service when it launches as people either gain/lose faith in their ability to handle the load. People will either love or hate it with little in between.

$15/mo would have been a better sweet spot (perhaps for PS+ subs) and a $99 annual cost would have been tempting if the trial goes well. This was never going to be cheap though, games are far from free to stream due both a royalties/rights and bandwidth.

I would have a problem paying monthly to play old generation games that are likely available to purchase for very little money at this point. For this to work for me it would have to include PS4 games even if they kept everything less than 1 year old off the service. I question how well they could handle streaming of PS4 games though. If it's significantly worse looking than playing the old fashioned way I would still probably pass.

The video mentions "All you can play" so it can be assumed that it's 1 fee to play everything. I'll try out the week trial (after a month so they work out the bugs) but I have a hard time seeing myself paying $20 a month just to play old PS3 games.

Yeah but all you can play to me just mean there's no time limit. I haven't seen asterisks anywhere about limited selection so I'd certainly lean towards them getting the benefit of the doubt.

Now that the game line up is looking a bit more solid than last time I checked (the 100+ game mosaic in the PS Blog post showed games like Bioshock Infinite, TLOU, Uncharted 1, Motorstorm Apocalypse to name a few), I think this is a good marketing strategy for Sony to jump into the "media anywhere" trends with quality game offerings for more casual gamers (the kind of people who mainly play mobile games or games on Amazon Fire TV). If someone hasn't been a longtime console gamer or Playstation consumer, this is a pretty sweet option, assuming the sub fee will allow unlimited play time on multiple devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts