PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

If I "save" a show on the PTAT list does it save the "series" or does it only save the individual episode? I have shows that I don't want removed after 8 days but I want to make sure that I don't need to save each episode as it is added to PTAT. If it only saves individual episode than better to turn of PTAT and record the series normally.

Thanks

It only saves the individual episode. You can create a separate timer for it. This timer will not take up a second tuner. It will use the same tuner that PTAT is using. By creating a separate timer, you're able to save every show in the series.

i swear one of the hoppers has a mind of its' own. I checked that PTAT was disabled last night and now its' possessed and recording on its' own.

The funny thing is that i went and enabled PTAT on the other hopper last night. I'll try again later tonite to turn one off. I forget if it was already on during that PTAT time yesterday.

I'm still not sure why we can't turn it off when we choose to do so. Now i have to wait two hours for the settings to show up.

Is this the secret reason why we need two hoppers with all these tuners tied up? lol (kidding of course)

It would be nice to have checkboxes for each day of the week as to whether to enable PTAT for that day, so you could disable Saturdays and keep every other day or set it up however you want.

It would be nice to have checkboxes for each day of the week as to whether to enable PTAT for that day, so you could disable Saturdays and keep every other day or set it up however you want.

Very good suggestion.

Very good suggestion.

At first i agreed with Tampa, but then i thought about it more and decided that for me that would defeat the purpose of "set it and forget it". Plus since we still do not get to use that portion of the HDD, i don't see much up-side counteracting the downside of complicating it.

Turned it off again this morning. Hopefully it sticks.

I could see some family member accidentally clicking Select too fast on the remote and re-enabling PTAT on accident when they are looking at their DVR recordings. Hope Dish is aware of that issue.

Looks like there was a new software update last night. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it fixed this particular issue. I will test again later.

PTAT stopped working

Anyone else having issues with PTAT starting today? I noticed it wasn't recording this evening, so I turned on the TV and sure enough, no PTAT. It was still enabled, but not operating. I disabled it, and re-enabled it. Still nothing. I reset the receiver and looked ahead for the entire length of the guide, and no PTAT indicators. I wonder if this is related to the new software version that was released yesterday.

Same here. You really don't have to wait to test if it worked...with mine you can disable it, save, go back to the menu and its just marked enabled again. Honestly wish I would have never enabled it in the first place -- we watch maybe 4-5 prime time shows a week. Guess I was just blinded by the cool factor.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Had me worried so I just checked my Hopper. PTAT has the symbols up for tonight, except for the CBS NCAA game. I guess that comes on too early (5:20) to qualify at Prime Time. Everything from last nights PTAT was recorded. I also have S204.

After S204, one of my two Hoppers stopped doing PTAT. So far everything I tried has not restarted it. I just reset to factory defaults and re-enabled PTAT, will see what happens in about two hours. The guide did show the PT symbols the last couple of days but nothing was recorded.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts