Q13 Fox HD in Seattle...when?

Pue

Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
I saw the channel was uplinked a few weeks ago. Any news/speculation on when we'll be getting Q13 in HD in Seattle??

Thanks,
Eric

E*-Tribune/KCPQ 13-Fox HD?

I saw the channel was uplinked a few weeks ago. Any news/speculation on when we'll be getting Q13 in HD in Seattle??

Thanks,
Eric

Haha...I have been waiting for a couple of years and have almost given up. I believe there is or will be an ownership change which may help in our quest for HD viewing on Q13. And again that could be soon.

I just sent this email to Q13 Fox

How many years are we going to have to wait for Q13 Fox HD on Dish Network? Its been 2 years since we got Komo4, King5 and Kiro7 HD on Dish, this is really ridiculous. The 2 main rumors/excuses/reasons I hear are:
1) that DirecTv and you guys being owned by the same Co. has something to do with it or
2) you guys are trying to sell and really don't care.
Option 1 doesn't make a lot of sense, Fox HD is available on Dish Network in other markets, so that leaves option 2. If that's the case did you think that maybe your value would increase if you were available to more consumers?

Anyway, PLEASE do whatever needs to be done and get yourself on Dish Network!!!

Brad

I'll let you know what I get back.

I left DISH after 6 years for this very reason. Directv has both Fox 13 and MyQ in HD at this time. I corresponded with Mr. Goodman from KCPQ (DISH was mum on the subject) and believed him when he said this was a DISH issue. Nothing to do with Tribune and DirecTv. I think Ch 13 is on every other cable service in Washington (Comcast and Wave for example) so I think he's right. Anyway, life in DirecTv land is oddly pleasant. Not a lot of bitching and moaning in their forums I noticed.

So far no issues and the HD programming is better (I am looking forward to Ch 9 PBS coming online in HD "soon")- the Directv DVR is not as flexible as the VIP622- but overall I am glad I made the choice: one other nice feature was I did call Directv CS and got a person in Colorado. I had given up on DISH in that regard.

Less HD than Directv and lack of Q13, MYQ and PBS are real thorns in my side...

I was seriously thinking of leaving until Sci Fi and USA popped up... now i'm back on the fence...

I'll probably give Dish until June now before I start slipping off the fence again... :p :)

Adrian

I left DISH after 6 years for this very reason. Directv has both Fox 13 and MyQ in HD at this time. I corresponded with Mr. Goodman from KCPQ (DISH was mum on the subject) and believed him when he said this was a DISH issue. Nothing to do with Tribune and DirecTv.

To say it is a Dish issue is probably stretching the truth. KCPQ wants more than Dish is willing to give. Does KCPQ expect the same compensation as KOMO, KIRO and KING get from Dish?

Miner

Some thing that you aren't aware of

I left DISH after 6 years for this very reason. Directv has both Fox 13 and MyQ in HD at this time. I corresponded with Mr. Goodman from KCPQ (DISH was mum on the subject) and believed him when he said this was a DISH issue. Nothing to do with Tribune and DirecTv. I think Ch 13 is on every other cable service in Washington (Comcast and Wave for example) so I think he's right. Anyway, life in DirecTv land is oddly pleasant. Not a lot of bitching and moaning in their forums I noticed.

So far no issues and the HD programming is better (I am looking forward to Ch 9 PBS coming online in HD "soon")- the Directv DVR is not as flexible as the VIP622- but overall I am glad I made the choice: one other nice feature was I did call Directv CS and got a person in Colorado. I had given up on DISH in that regard.

KCPQ is owned by Tribune in Seattle area so is KTXL in Sacramento is owned by them as well. Neither is carried by Dish. I know both the M. Goodman the Manager of Operations at KCPQ and I know J. Davis the Chief Engineer at KTXL. From things that have been said by them it is unlikely that Tribune will allow Dish to have their signals until all signals carried by Tribune are carried. This includes the CW (16 stations) & MyTV (2 stations) nets that Tribune has at all it's locations.

There's always other HD markets to pick out of until yours gets fixed...but they might not be in your same timezone.

The Portland footprint covers most of western WA and that station did carry the Seahawks last year and is also in the FSNW area as well as the same time zone.

No.

But are you willling to google an address in that market and spend five minutes in the online chat with a CSR.

Done deal....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts