QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
QQBoX vs fta receiver

I have came to the conclusion rather then owning a QQBOX just a lot better having a HD FTA receiver. I have Sonic View 8000hd and it receives the different formats needed for reception I even have the 8K card installed. There are other HD FTA receivers on the market that will work too.

QQ Box IR Remote

Nah. I deffo got a qqbox. And it's got a remote and a thing on the front labelled ir receiver

I have two QQ Box USB HDTV Receivers and both came with remotes that work with Blaze Software.

You should search this thread for more info. on the remote and use of other remotes that work with QQ Box.

?????

I have came to the conclusion rather then owning a QQBOX just a lot better having a HD FTA receiver. I have Sonic View 8000hd and it receives the different formats needed for reception I even have the 8K card installed. There are other HD FTA receivers on the market that will work too.

What's your point?

With the latest drivers from DVBdream, the QQbox in Media Center 7 is cheap and awesome. Media Center blows away any STB like the sonicview, eg two week EPG, up to 8 tuners, auto sync shows/music/pics with bluetooth mobile devices, commercial autoskip, show/movie thumbnails in EPG, etc etc.

The SV8000 may work for HD with illegal providers but as far as I have heard, it cannot decode DVB-S2 for legit FTA HD.

For DVB-S in MC7 you need to use software from DVBlogic. The one I use is called DVBlink for DVBdream. Basically, it streams (TS) everything from DVBdream into media center. So you keep DVBdream running at all times and MC7 controls it. It costs $30 but there is a 30 day trial. It is tricky to setup you will be spending time in the forums there.

You keep 1 instance of DVBdream open per 1 tuner.

MC7 has a harsh learning curve to setup, but it is the best thing you are going to find. It is better than any solution you can buy, if you can get it working.

Yeah, it's a pretty slick program. And I'm trying to make a media centre and it would make life easier to use media centre. I'll give that streaming program a go and see how well I can get it working.

It's not a good idea to use a satellite program to get MC working, with all the extra memory overhead, etc. You might as well have a remote extender and a standard satellite box. Why the drivers can't be made to work directly is a bit of a mystery. I can only assume there is no monetary incentive.

Last edited:
DM04/QQbox DiSeqC output - the hard truth.:(

It's not to spec. The 22kHz is driven by a crude Class A stage against the LNB voltage. The actual frequency is about 25kHz that is not a problem, it can be adjusted by the commands sent to the STV0288 demodulator inside the Sharp tuner. For those who have opened their QQbox this is formed by R107, Q102 and R118.

The main problem is that there is a quite a kick back from the Class A driver, in that the frequency could be misinterpreted as being 44kHz (or 50kHz) partially or fully by the DiSeqC device. Also, the amplitude of signal is too high.

This may be okay for a single LNB, which is just doing band switching and simply looks for the presence of a pulse, but for data transfer to a switch or rotor means the commands are corrupted.

However, there may be a way of conditioning the output to correct the signal. I will look at this over the coming week(s).:eek:

Last edited:
1ADAM12-

Yes the driver does work with VLC, but the application is quite buggy. There is a small bug in my driver that may stop it tuning correctly certain frequencies.

Always select budget from the advanced settings. The player stalls on initial start, but can be restarted from right clicking play list.

see pic

Attachments

• Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
VLC QQ Box Ubuntu

1ADAM12-

Yes the driver does work with VLC, but the application is quite buggy. There is a small bug in my driver that may stop it tuning correctly certain frequencies.

Always select budget from the advanced settings. The player stalls on initial start, but can be restarted from right clicking play list.

see pic

Most excellent.
Ubuntu / VLC / QQ Box all working.
In another thread here the question was raised if VLC tunes DVB. I never was able to get it working in Vista with QQ Box.

With your detailed instruction I could do the same.

Cheers,

Adam

PS: Could not get patches or how to install on your Google page to work.

New readers goto permalink #260 for additional from Tvboxspy.

Last edited:
1ADAM12-

What Ubuntu linux distribution are you using? ...9.10 and 10.04 have been fully tested.

You are best downloading the changeset in the zip file format extracting and installing by that method because it is always my updated working copy.

tvboxspy: Summary

Ubuntu 9.10

1ADAM12-

What Ubuntu linux distribution are you using? ...9.10 and 10.04 have been fully tested.

You are best downloading the changeset in the zip file format extracting and installing by that method because it is always my updated working copy.

tvboxspy: Summary

Ubuntu 9.10 is my OS.
I started to download the changeset Zip yesterday. What is the file size? If it is unzipped in Linux will it install or is a command prompt script required. Novice:eek:.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)