QTV without Urdu Package?

fightinfalkin

Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
NJ
Hi there!

I used to be an active "lurker" on this forum some time back, until I got settled in with a package I was really happy with, thanks to all of you. Recently, my cable company called me with a fantastic triple play package (since Fios is now available in my area), and I couldn't resist the chance to finally get YES Network again.

I've already got a pretty basic package with Dish, as I hardly watch TV. I'm more of a movies and video games guy (although I find myself watching YES much more than I've watched anything on Dish!).

Right now, I've got the Welcome Pack ($10), ARY Digital ($20), QTV ($10), and DVR ($6). The only channel that my family regulary watches on Dish is QTV. We've kept ARY and the others because it seems like they were necessary in order to subscribe to QTV, and every so often I'd watch Comedy Central, etc.

But now that we have Cable TV, it seems like a bit much to be paying $46 for essentially one channel! Additionally, they've now come out with these little boxes that allow us to get QTV over the Internet.

So all that said, I've been with Dish for many years now and don't want to totally cancel my account if possible, especially since the DVR service is great. I was wondering if there's any way that I can get just QTV with DVR for about $20 or so. Basically, if I could cancel the ARY and keep the QTV, that would do it. I don't think there's anything cheaper than the Welcome Pack, right?

Is this even possible, or wishful thinking?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, in response to your questions regarding QTV. This channel is only available as an add-on channel. Which means you must subscribe to another Urdu package, to get this channel. ARY is what is allowing this channel to be on your account now. ARY is a $29.99 package and they only one available for less money would be GEO TV which is $19.99 and includes only that channel. You would still need to have a core package which can be Welcome pack or International Basic Pack, both which are $10.00. I hope this answers your question, let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you!