Question About Multiple LNB Useage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I'm in the process of setting up a small K Band system, as a fixed dish.
Ordered a ESX522 Dual Output Linear LNB and I intend to set this up with two receivers.

My question is if I add multiple LNB's (for sats 4 degrees apart) is their a way that either one of the users can switch from one sat to the other or do both receivers have to be on the same satellite at the same time?

I'm not familiar with switches I have always had direct connections with one receiver only.

Any ideas is appreciated.

You may not be able to receive two satellites separated by 4 degrees using two LNBFS with full size scalars. You might want to check out the GEOSATpro SL2 LNBFs. These were specifically designed for this type of application and outperform most LNBFs.

I'm in the process of setting up a small K Band system, as a fixed dish.
Ordered a ESX522 Dual Output Linear LNB and I intend to set this up with two receivers.

My question is if I add multiple LNB's (for sats 4 degrees apart) is their a way that either one of the users can switch from one sat to the other or do both receivers have to be on the same satellite at the same time?

I'm not familiar with switches I have always had direct connections with one receiver only.

Any ideas is appreciated.

I'll tell you my idea, your project will go a whole better if u try this with a 1.2 meter four footer. I think u may find your offset lnb's with a 36" may be a problem.

I've easily managed 95/97, 101/103 and 123/125 combos on 1.2 meter ku dishes with no problem

I'll tell you my idea, your project will go a whole better if u try this with a 1.2 meter four footer. I think u may find your offset lnb's with a 36" may be a problem.

I've easily managed 95/97, 101/103 and 123/125 combos on 1.2 meter ku dishes with no problem
Do you have any photos of these combos to post them here? I was able to receive 97 and 101 with some clipping of scalars of regular LNBs' on 36" dish. What was the distance from LNB to centre of the 48" dish? Cheers, polgyver

Do you have any photos of these combos to post them here? I was able to receive 97 and 101 with some clipping of scalars of regular LNBs' on 36" dish. What was the distance from LNB to centre of the 48" dish? Cheers, polgyver

from left to right, 89 95 97 101 103

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 147
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts