Question About My HR10-250 HDMI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 16, 2005
This maybe is a question that has been covered already, and if so I didn't find it. Here is my problem, I have my HR10-250 hooked up with HDMI to my JVC HD-61Z575 and it works flawlessly until I shut off my TV, I can leave my A/V receiver on and after about 30 seconds after the TV shuts down the audio from D* HR10-250 stops. When I turn the TV back on there is snow on the screen, so I unplug the HR10-250 and it resets and is fine again....Until I shut off my TV again. I am wondering if it is in fact my HR10-250 or could it be my TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
It sounds like you TV is defaulting back to the analog channels when its turn off. Question! When you turn everything on do you have to press and select the video feed until you get to HDMI? (i.e. Video1, Video2, Component1, Component2, HDMI)

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 16, 2005
Smthkd said:
It sounds like you TV is defaulting back to the analog channels when its turn off. Question! When you turn everything on do you have to press and select the video feed until you get to HDMI? (i.e. Video1, Video2, Component1, Component2, HDMI)

When I power the TV up it is always at the "digital in" which is my HDMI feed. With my Toshiba HD I used with my HD TIVO before I always used component cables and this is my first experience with HDMI. Within 30 seconds the receiver is locked up, no picture just snow. I can leave it on all day without any trouble, so it is just when I turn off the TV. To me, it seems like it might be a combination of the TV and HD TIVO box.

dracula

Jul 19, 2005
drwindmill said:
When I power the TV up it is always at the "digital in" which is my HDMI feed. With my Toshiba HD I used with my HD TIVO before I always used component cables and this is my first experience with HDMI. Within 30 seconds the receiver is locked up, no picture just snow. I can leave it on all day without any trouble, so it is just when I turn off the TV. To me, it seems like it might be a combination of the TV and HD TIVO box.

HDMI requires a handshake protocol HDCP to allow the signal to be viewed on the TV. I have had experience with Samsung TVs that did not implement the HDCP protocol properly. The problem is not with the HDTivo. I use an HDTivo with an LG 32LX1D and another HDTivo with a Mitsu 55813 with no HDMI problems.

When you shut off the TV and then power it back up, it most likely does not perform the HDCP handshake, thus no signal. Try powering off the TV after switching to another input and then power up the TV and select the Digital In (HDMI) input. If the protocol is successfully completed with a good picture, the problem is your TV.

zenitram

Sep 26, 2005
Hello all...I just had the hr-250 installed a couple of days ago, and I am having the same problem. When I turn my plasma (Vizio) off for a while, the screne will only show colored snow when turned back on. The DVR is even locked up, because the led on the front will not toggle the display resolution.

I am still trying to figure out what the problem could be. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know.

Thanks

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
zenitram said:
Hello all...I just had the hr-250 installed a couple of days ago, and I am having the same problem. When I turn my plasma (Vizio) off for a while, the screne will only show colored snow when turned back on. The DVR is even locked up, because the led on the front will not toggle the display resolution.

I am still trying to figure out what the problem could be. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know.

Thanks
Look no further then the post above yours. The HDMI problem on the HR10-250 is long solved.

zenitram

Sep 26, 2005
Not true at all. The solution of changing the input and turning off the TV, and back on does not work.

If you read my entire post, you should have seen that even the DVR itself seems to be locked up, and I have to power off the DVR.

Hoping that there is a alternate solution if the power off the TV does NOT work.

Thanks

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
try componemt video :D
The HDMI resolution I was refering to was the dead port issue that occured in the first 6 months of release. If your DVR locks up, I am saying the protocol IS locking it. I run Linux (so does the TiVo) and I have had a IEEE 1394 locks in this same fashion. If you TiVo fails to talk to your TV, this could be why, What dracula makes sense ... it is just a "data"port.

zenitram

Sep 26, 2005
Dang. I was hoping that I would not have to go component. Hope something in the future can address this issue. The only other thing I can think of is that I am doing an HDMI to DVI conversion via the cable.

Does the component offer the same resolutions as HDMI?

Thanks for your help.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2003
Zenitram

I don't think you will see ANY difference between components and HDMI. I tried very hard to convince myself that the HDMI produces a better picture but I can tell you that they are exactly the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts