Question About Slimline and HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Someone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I am about to replace my HR10-250 with an HR20. I am selling my HR10 to my dad, who already has a Slimline dish and an HR20 in his living room. The HR10 is for his bedroom.

He currently has a standard receiver in the bedroom with one coax cable leading to the receiver. However, I know that the HR10 requires two coax cables in order to utilize the dual tuner.

My question is this: how do I set up the HR10 in the bedroom. Obviously, I need to run another cable from the dish to bedroom. Right? Specifics on how to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

how do I set up the HR10 in the bedroom. Obviously, I need to run another cable from the dish to bedroom.
If your dad has an OTA antenna, you can run two new cables; one from the dish and one from the OTA antenna splitter. If he isn't hiding a third receiver somewhere, it shouldn't require any extra hardware.

I'm not sure what your boggle is on connecting the HR10. You run a continuous cable all the way from the dish to the receiver just as the existing cable goes. Ritual sacrifices are not required and can be avoided by using a good ladder.

If he isn't hiding a third receiver somewhere, it shouldn't require any extra hardware.

I'm not sure what your boggle is on connecting the HR10. You run a continuous cable all the way from the dish to the receiver just as the existing cable goes. Ritual sacrifices are not required and can be avoided by using a good ladder.

He does have a third receiver. What new hardware do I need?

No OTA antenna involved.

As far as the dish goes, it's on the ground and the cables are buried. That's the issue there.

He does have a third receiver.
I hope you will come to appreciate how frustrating it is when questioners leave out important details like this.
What new hardware do I need?
He'll need a WB68 multiswitch (assuming that he doesn't already have one). All four leads from the dish will need to feed into the multiswitch and go from there to the receivers. As always, the cable runs should be as continuous as possible.

Thanks for the help, harshness. I apologize for leaving out the third receiver in my original question. I do know that it is frustrating when information is left out.

What is the problem in selling the unit to my father? I should just give it away? He offered to buy it.

What is the problem in selling the unit to my father? I should just give it away? He offered to buy it.
If you own it, you can sell it. If you don't own it, DIRECTV will want it back and they'll offer to lease your dad an HR20. DIRECTV has a vested interest in getting MPEG2 HD DVRs out of service.

If you own it, you can sell it. If you don't own it, DIRECTV will want it back and they'll offer to lease your dad an HR20. DIRECTV has a vested interest in getting MPEG2 HD DVRs out of service.

yeah mine turned flakey and they told me to throw it away when the new one got here.

Thanks for the help, harshness. I apologize for leaving out the third receiver in my original question. I do know that it is frustrating when information is left out.

That was my point. "Here Dad, take it" seems like how it should be. But that's just me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts