Question about the M1HD US Edition

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
Hi, I just got this receiver and for the amount of money I paid for it I'm almost totally satisfied. However I have a issue that as now I can not quite figure out. It has to do with the motor moving back to position 1 after a blind scan. What do I have to do to correct this problem? Thanks

It would appear that is a receiver issue. Probably something not right in the firmware.
Not sure how much support you would get, but have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

The microHD has a quirk like that. If you pull up the transponder list to manually add a transponder it always switches to the first satellite in the list. So I made a dummy 1st satellite with no motor position assigned. So when it switches to that sat the motor doesn't move :)

It would appear that is a receiver issue. Probably something not right in the firmware.
Not sure how much support you would get, but have you tried contacting the manufacturer?
No I have not. Like I said before I just got it yesterday. I need to mess with it before I take that step.

:bump2 Has anyone found an editor that will work with this box yet? Input options are APP, USER and ALL. The only option for backup is ALL and it outputs a file named dump_all.bin so the editor must read a BIN file.

EDIT: Already checked X2 website and the link they give on the product download page for a loader gives a 404 error. o_O Contacted X2 but no reply yet... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My answer is to quit buying these cheap Chinese boxes so that a profit could be made by a developer here and sell good equipment. Saving money is not always a good thing. While the cheap boxes are attractive and sometimes work well it causes lack of interest for manufactures to build boxes for the North American market.

My answer is to quit buying these cheap Chinese boxes so that a profit could be made by a developer here and sell good equipment. Saving money is not always a good thing. While the cheap boxes are attractive and sometimes work well it causes lack of interest for manufactures to build boxes for the North American market.

Which boxes should we be considering for purchasing?

Well let's see... I sunk almost $140 into an Amiko A3 and it has had stability issues, the famed Electronic Program Guide stopped working and there is now no support for it. I almost bought an HDVR3500 at about $165. Luckily I waited because we all found out the issues it has had. On the other hand the last two 'Chinese' receivers I bought, an X2 M1HD and a FreeSat V7, cost me $39.95 and $29 respectively. While they may not be the best, they do work ok and pick up some 'problem channels' that some of the more expensive boxes are having trouble with. I'm all for supporting our US sellers. I have in the past and will continue to do so in the future. When I see a receiver come to market that has been proven through testing to be stable and is ready for the standards broadcasters are heading towards (4K support, etc) I will purchase it. ;)

Reactions: . Raine and N6BY
About the only USA made consumer satellite products you're going to find are some actuators,and the only reason they exist is because they have a multiple of uses other than moving your dish.

Hi, one more question, does anyone knows what channel editor works with this receiver?
:bump2 Has anyone found an editor that will work with this box yet? Input options are APP, USER and ALL. The only option for backup is ALL and it outputs a file named dump_all.bin so the editor must read a BIN file.

EDIT: Already checked X2 website and the link they give on the product download page for a loader gives a 404 error. o_O Contacted X2 but no reply yet... :rolleyes:
I just got a reply from X2 regarding a channel editor for the M1HD. This is what they said:

Hi,

Thanks for write to us, For this receiver there is no PC Channels Editor at present but our Engineers are working on it, Also the "Loader" this file only if the receiver fail to boot and in normal case you will not need it

Any more question please feel free to let us know

Best Regards
X Square Technology
Email: Support@x2sat.com
Web: www.x2sat.com

Hopefully there will be one out soon! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts