Question about TPs / 99W C-band My Newtwork TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I am working on tuning my LNBF, to find the best possible picture between C and Ku. On 99W I had My Network TV coming on (in both SD and HD) with high signal quality. The last few attempts have the My TV TPs in the red with no picture. My question is, is it that touchy to get those channels, or are they only broadcasting part of the time? When there is no broadcast for certain channels, does it just fall in the red like that? - Or do I need to tweak it back were I had it to pick up the My TV TPs?

I havn't been able to pick up the My TV feeds for a few months, thought they went to S2/8psk, I can't pick up the transponder anymore. Caribbean MUX is 99%Q most of the time and there is an NBC station from Casper WY I get a good signal from as well.

4160 H 27780 shows no signal at all here (5pm central).

Maybe someone has some newer info...

C.

My Network possibly not coming in is 2 fold
-they switched TP's to 4160 H 27780 (from 4080)
-they are part time....from about 6:00 Central until after midnite. Comes up at 6:00, East feed from 7-9, west feed from 10-midnite

They are hot....almost peaks the meter on the 6 footer and the Pansat 1500

Okay, My Network TV is coming in again - I figured out the issue.

Not sure if I should post this in a new thread, but I will outline the issue.

The weather has been good, so I wanted to dial in the 621-2 some more, for both C and Ku. I used a 6 foot run of coax from the LNBF to the receiver. (Took the TV and receiver outside)

I got it dialed in on 99W to received both C and Ku in the high 90's on the Coolsat. Got ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, My TV, even got E on Ku as it was coming in.

Then I brought the box back inside, hooked it up, and most of the channels dropped off. All I can get is the E, CBS Newsfeed and I get high signal on the various ABC and GDMX channels. But all ther other dropped in the red below 10 and won't come in.

Is it possible that the LNBF was tuned only for the short run, and needs to be adjusted for a longer run? (I know that doesn't make sense. Thought I would ask)

Anyhow, not sure what the deal is. The run is only about 100ft and I have got C channels in the past. - In the Dish Settings, the LNB power is on for C, and as I mentinoned, everything is perfect right off the dish.

Do I need an amplifier or something? I am still failry new to FTA and have been playing with it on and off for the past few months, but I was able to pick up C channels before.

Is the only difference the connecting coax? Maybe you can check for sharp bends, nicks, cuts, or pinches. Also, it would pay to have double-shielded coax for reduced noise and loss. Check the end connections for frayed wiring and/or corrosion on the center conductor and threaded nut.

It is set up properly for both C and Ku. - When I have it outside next to the dish, using the 6ft run of coax, it is perfect for both C and Ku.

Then I hook it to the 100ft run that goes into the house, and only Ku and a few C (such as ABC SD Net 1, 6, 9 etc. and GDMX) come in, but the rest are all in the red.

The coax is RG-6 double shielded and has been underground for years (I can't really check it, but it is in PVC). It worked for old C-band VC-2 analog and now for some C as mentioned above.

Not sure why it works right at the dish, but doesn't on the 100ft run.

Quick follow up. I am going to take another 100ft run of coax and hook it between the LNBF and receiver. Just to test that the distance is not an issue, although I wouldn't think it would be.

If it works on that run, then I know the old run has an issue. - If it doesn't then are there any sort of amplifiers you can add to the unit? Or can the LNBF be tweaked to accommodate longer distances? - Also, could there be an issue with the receiver, not putting out the proper power output?

I've had a similar problem with my 621 and coolsat 6000 where ku band would be fine but I would lose all my Vertical or Horizontal (can't remember which right now) on c-band.

It appeared to be a loose coax connection I retightened the coax on the LNB and both polarities came back.

This happened to me after doing the same thing, peaked the dish with the receiver on a short piece of coax then switched back to a longer run.
It's happened a couple of times since after doing the same thing but both polarities always came back after retightening the coax.
The last time I replaced the coax between the LNB and the switch.

I've had a similar problem with my 621 and coolsat 6000 where ku band would be fine but I would lose all my Vertical or Horizontal (can't remember which right now) on c-band.

It appeared to be a loose coax connection I retightened the coax on the LNB and both polarities came back.

This happened to me after doing the same thing, peaked the dish with the receiver on a short piece of coax then switched back to a longer run.
It's happened a couple of times since after doing the same thing but both polarities always came back after retightening the coax.
The last time I replaced the coax between the LNB and the switch.

Busted out the shovel and did some digging. It turns out there is one short splice in the 100ft run. The connectors were bad. Re-did them all and now things are working great.

What was throwing me off was the fact that I was getting Ku and some C. I thought if the connectors were bad nothing would have worked. But I was wrong.

Anyhow, I appreciate all the replies from everyone. Things seems good to go, for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)