Question for jerryt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scupmando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
jerryt,

Have you been able to test the blind scan app that works with the skystar 2.3?
Just curious how well it's working. I've been looking for a 2.3 with no luck!

Success !!!!!!

scupmando said:
jerryt,

Have you been able to test the blind scan app that works with the skystar 2.3?
Just curious how well it's working. I've been looking for a 2.3 with no luck!

Well I don't have a STB to compare it with, but yes, it works fine. About 1 to 3 minutes to do a scan. The Scanning programs writes the results to a init file which can be imported directly into MyTheatre. Which is SO SWEET!!

I am so happy with the SS2 v2.3 that I just picked up a second one. The card is more sensitive than the Twinhan. My Twinhan would cut out with low signal on PBS HD, but the SS2 is rock solid.

The SS2 gets very hot though, so I am waiting on a pci slot cooler, before scanning all my available satellites. also Techinsat does not believe the card can handle the power demands of a motor. So the original (Techinsat) software does not support 1.2 diseqc. There is a number of different available driver to get the 1.2 diseqc support. In my case my motor has it's own power supply, (See positioner heart surgery) so there is no load on my Satellite PCI cards.

Interesting finds = Alot of the SR's are different. On AMC3, I have duplicate channels which are on different freq's and different SR's. strange????

Sounds great! I just wish I could find one. If you ever want to sell an extra one or can give me a tip on where to find one; please let me know. There hasn't been one on ebay in awhile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bud actuator questions

netstream 2000 graph help needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)