Questions and issues from a new user

rpp124

Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
I just registered yesterday and I have a few questions...

1. What is the Ground Level? Mine is currently at 0. Is this correct or is there something I need to do to change it?

2. I can't hear the audio from the TimeTrax software. The recordings sound fine, but I can only hear the signal very faintly. In order to hear it, I have to turn on my TV tuner which was set up to use the line-in that is now being used by TimeTrax. Is it normal to not hear the audio from TImeTrax?

3. There is a faint low hum both when I listen live and when I listen to recorded mp3's. Everything is plugged into the same outlet (via a powerstrip). Is there anything else I can do besides buying the ground isolator thing mentioned in the manual?

1. In some areas, XM has ground transmitters (aka radio towers) to supplement the satellite signal. This is more common in major metropolitan areas (tall buildings=no satellite signal).

2. No, that's not normal. No idea on a solution - more details about your computer/sound card/input setup would help them figure it out..

3. Ground loop isolator is your best bet.

src666 said:
2. No, that's not normal. No idea on a solution - more details about your computer/sound card/input setup would help them figure it out..

I ran into a similiar problem at a friends house while testing TTRecast 1.4 - I was able to go thru the sound cards software/drivers and was able to check the box for 'what you are hearing now' and then making sure the mixer had that input enabled.

It might be a reversal of the above problem, where even the TTRecast can record the line in, it might be muted from the mixer or disabled in the mixer.

Be sure to open a ticket with the TimeTrax support team in order to go through your configuration explicitly and get past this problem.

3. There is a faint low hum both when I listen live and when I listen to recorded mp3's. Everything is plugged into the same outlet (via a powerstrip). Is there anything else I can do besides buying the ground isolator thing mentioned in the manual?

What hardware are you using and when was it purchased? If you have an older unit and that is what is causing your hum then we will replace it free of charge.

David K.
Time Trax

well i got a new sound card and i get audio now, so all is good.

thanks for the replies guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)