Using TT over a wireless network from a laptop

jolivo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
I have TT and my Sirius Connect radio installed on a desktop (in order to use the line-in jack) in my home. Is there any way for me to run the software from a laptop on a wireless network and have it find the radio over the network? I mostly use the laptop in another room in the house, and would love to at least be able to hear the radio through this laptop. If I could schedule recordings, etc over the network, all the better.
Has anyone done this?

Hi,

I personally have a dedicated PC that I run TimeTrax on.

I run VNC on the PC so that I can connect to it remotely to start/stop recordings etc.

I then share the directory and run a Sync tool that copies all the recordings to my file server.

I then connect to the file server directory with my D-Link wireless media player to play the recordings over my home sound system.

You could so something similar.

However to directly answer the question.... no, the TimeTrax device can not be directly remote controlled or shared via a network.

I can go into further details on my solution that I use if you think it will help.

Derek

Thanks, that helps. I guess I'll just run the record start/stop from the desktop (assuming you guys fix the blue screen problem!), then copy the files over the network and listen using either Itunes or my Ipod. Was hoping to be able to listen to live broadcasts, not recorded, over my laptop. A real breakthrough for the next TT release would be to get rid of the need for a line-in connection so we can use laptops!

jolivo- I just responded to your post within the thread specifically about the blue screen problem, please take a look. The blue screen issue is not within Recast, it is specific to Dell PC's and Creative soundcards that effects lots of applications.

David K.
Time Trax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)