Quick Question before I place my order?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi, I am getting ready to order a Motorized package from Sattelite av, is It better to go Motorized for my first setup so I can see whats out there? I was mostly interested in Glorystar channels but if there are alot more English channels out there I would like to see?? I also will have dish family pack on another Dish. Thanks

Get the motorized package now. You can always set the dish up as a stationary to get the feel of setting up the dish and playing with your reciever, and once your comfortable with that, then add the motor.

I read that if i use a fixed dish i would need 2 LNBFs and 4 DEGREE ROTATING DUAL LNBF CLAMP to get both Sats for Glorystar, the Motorized Package only comes with one? so if i set it up the way you metioned i would not get to many channels?

Click on English to see what's on FTA regularly in English.
Now, in addition, there are feeds that may be of interest, as well as other undocumented channels.

Glorystar does consist of programming on two satellites.
If that was your major aim, then the 2-LNB solution might be fine.
Since you seem to want more channels, I'd suggest motorized, with one LNB.
And when you get it, I'd agree that just setting it up for any one bird to get familiar with your dish and receiver, would be a good idea.
Then, maybe on the following weekend, set up the motor.

Only you can decide what configuration is right for you, of course.

You could also set up a couple of favorite lists on your receiver, one for each satellite that Glorystar uses.

Use 1 favorite list when on G 25 and another when on AMC 4. This leaves plenty of room for more channels on other satellites.

I set up a motorized first thing when I got into FTA. It was really easy but, I have experience installing DishNet and DirecTv and have done several installations of both so I was comfortable aiming a dish.

Sadoun, who has a forum here has a satellite store and has an excellent tutorial on setting up a motorized system. That's what I used and my system has been great!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Found an eye catcher

Digiwave 1.2m dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)