R-15 on Splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desert Satellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
I've been reading in some other forums that guys have been saying you can put a two way power passive splitter 5-2300 MHz to feed a DVR rcvr or two D-11's. Skywalker carrys them: SKY23302D at a cost of about $1.79. It sure would be nice to run one line to a DVR and for it to work. I called DTV and they said in the two D-11 example that if both rcvrs were using 13 volts or both using 18 volts it would work. But once somebody changed one rcvr to 18 volts and the other rcvr was on 13 volts that the one going to 18 volts would change the other rcvr to the same channel... and in the case of a DVR it would affect it in the same way... I have not tried hooking up two D-11's yet to a power passive splitter, but I did hook a splitter up to an R-15 and it saw all three satellites, gave me a reading on both tuners when I did the transponder check and it gives me all the channels... I did not try recording one thing and then switching channels... I plan on trying some of these experiments in the next few days... Your thoughts please...

I've been reading in some other forums that guys have been saying you can put a two way power passive splitter 5-2300 MHz to feed a DVR rcvr or two D-11's. Skywalker carrys them: SKY23302D at a cost of about $1.79. It sure would be nice to run one line to a DVR and for it to work. I called DTV and they said in the two D-11 example that if both rcvrs were using 13 volts or both using 18 volts it would work. But once somebody changed one rcvr to 18 volts and the other rcvr was on 13 volts that the one going to 18 volts would change the other rcvr to the same channel... and in the case of a DVR it would affect it in the same way... I have not tried hooking up two D-11's yet to a power passive splitter, but I did hook a splitter up to an R-15 and it saw all three satellites, gave me a reading on both tuners when I did the transponder check and it gives me all the channels... I did not try recording one thing and then switching channels... I plan on trying some of these experiments in the next few days... Your thoughts please...
Have fun playing!!!!!!! People with experience are laughing at the new idiot on the block, but after he has played and maybe damaged some equipment he will listen to experience.:( :( :(

You use splitters that pass the DC on one leg and make sure you use the outputs from the splitter to feed the same inputs on the switches.

according to the sbca, splitters wont work. i have heard in the grapevine that dtv is testing some new module that would indeed split the signal through one cable. nobody i know knows for sure yet what the deal is on that.

The only way that you can support both inputs of an R15 through a splitter is if you are in a multiple dwelling unit that has a "stacked LNB" trunkilne, which puts the even transponders at frequencies above the odd ones.

A description of DirecTV's latest technology, sometimes called FTM and sometimes called SWM, can be found at DBSTalk, in their DirecTV- cutting edge technology forum. The residential version will allow a single coax to carry five different, receiver-selected transponders simultaneously, and will be able to fully support multiple tuners with that single coax. It is not yet available to the general public.

Come on guys, this is SBCA level 1 material. You have the skills to identify the 13/18 volt conflict, why do you need to test?

Okay, I wasn't talking about splitting one line to service two receivers. From a dual LNB dish (2 outputs), you connect a 1x2 (power passing on one leg) to each dish output. Then these splitter outputs are connected to two 2x4 multiswitches making sure that the power passing legs are connected to the same switch. And, the non passing legs are connected to the same corresponding input on the other switch. This will give you 8 outputs. You can do the same with 4 output dishes using 4 splitters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)