R10 showing channels I don't receive...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nonsense

Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
even when I have the option "show only channels you receive" checked. It shows all of the channels available from Total Choice Plus, even though I only have Total Choice programming. It also shows all of the movie channels and other crap I don't want to see.

Is this "normal" or is there a problem with my setup? If it's a marketing ploy to entice me to upgrade it's not working. :no

As stated go to settings,,channels you receive and unclick the ones you actually don't get,and while you're there ,any others you dont want,like shopping channels etc. However,be aware new channels may pop up there because if a channel gets "turned off" for any reason, as many PPV and even shopping channels do,when they are turned back on,your box sees them as new channels and defaults them to clicked on status,and they will show up. So periodicly you may need to do some cleanup.

You can also narrow your choices down by using the "favorites" list. Be aware,your TIVO uses the "channels you receive" list for the search,wishlists,keyword ,season pass,and suggestion functions to find programs. So even if there is a channel you do not watch much or at all,if there is even a remote chance some program or movie you might want to see could occasionally show up there, the Tivo must have that channel clicked on in the "Channels you receive" list in order to find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channels on DVR

DirecTV Annual Commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts